Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Oomph Preferences and User Storage(Problem with my User Storage)
Oomph Preferences and User Storage [message #1826599] Mon, 27 April 2020 15:30 Go to next message
sgrf nsrrm is currently offline sgrf nsrrmFriend
I am trying to synchronize my User preferences across multiple machines and VMs.

At one stage it seemed I lost most of the preferences on the remote User storage so I decided to delete it and recreate them. I deleted my User data on accounts.eclipse.org but subsequently was unable to synchronize any data using the Preference Recorder on my eclipse instance. I kept getting error messages

Not found: https://api.eclipse.org/

Trying it again today when I clicked Synchronize Now I get the following

Unable to connect to the database server at this time(eclipse).

SQL Trouble: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '= ""' at line 3 [

Can anybody help please?
Re: Oomph Preferences and User Storage [message #1826653 is a reply to message #1826599] Tue, 28 April 2020 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I tested it just now and did not have such problems. I even deleted my account storage and could sync the local changes back again. Perhaps the server was dead for a while? Does it still happen? If you want to start from scratch, you could delete the .eclipse\org.eclipse.oomph.setup.sync folder in your home folder.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Oomph Preferences and User Storage [message #1826669 is a reply to message #1826653] Tue, 28 April 2020 14:32 Go to previous message
sgrf nsrrm is currently offline sgrf nsrrmFriend
Thank you Ed ..... that worked well.

I am slightly cross that I spent hours researching this & never saw anything relating to this fix. I did try deleting remote.cache in that folder.

Also the error messaging seems inadequate. I know I did see ephemeral screens flickering by when I got error Not found: https://api.eclipse.org/ but it was only the next day that the MariaDB screen showed itself.

However I now know & am grateful for your help!
Previous Topic:java.util.logging is not accessible
Next Topic:Eclipse Neon Remote System Explorer Issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:22:56 GMT 2024