Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) » Why does 2020-3 WPT Web Page Editor have only a empty tab(Why does 2020-3 WPT Web Page Editor have one empty tab at the top when editing a new file)
Why does 2020-3 WPT Web Page Editor have only a empty tab [message #1826448] Sat, 25 April 2020 01:22 Go to next message
Bill Blalock is currently offline Bill BlalockFriend
I cannot open a new file property in Web Page Editor, I get a single empty tab (just the tab and an X, no name).

The instructions I read say
- create a new HTML file using the HTML editor
- close file
- open with Web Page Editor

According to one document I was trying to work through:
"The Web Page Editor will open. This is a multi-tab editor. By default, the Design tab is displayed, which offers a split view for easier editing. The top half of the editor displays the visual view of the page and the bottom half of the editor displays the source code."

Instead I get an empty editing frame with one empty tab (no name) and X to close the tab. There are not multiple views, just the one. The icons which stack sub views or display them side by side doesn't work.

I can't get past opening the files in video and written tutorials. Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Re: Why does 2020-3 WPT Web Page Editor have only a empty tab [message #1826451 is a reply to message #1826448] Sat, 25 April 2020 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

One of the changes on the source page inadvertently broke that editor. You can either go back to 2019-12, or try applying an update from https://download.eclipse.org/staging/2020-06/ to get around it.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Why does 2020-3 WPT Web Page Editor have only a empty tab [message #1828071 is a reply to message #1826451] Sun, 31 May 2020 19:17 Go to previous message
Chris Watson is currently offline Chris WatsonFriend
Thank you for this informative thread and for the link. Thank you very much
Previous Topic:Create a clone of Web Dyanmic project in Eclispe
Next Topic:Node js 8.10.0 not supported
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:36:47 GMT 2024