Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Java Eclipse/Maven, Hanging on Dependency Build for JAXB 4+ Hrs(maven dependency build, 4+hrs help)
Java Eclipse/Maven, Hanging on Dependency Build for JAXB 4+ Hrs [message #1826446] Sat, 25 April 2020 00:35 Go to next message
joey coffee is currently offline joey coffeeFriend
Hi All,

I've run into a big issue, and it's stalling my project that is due this weekend. Here are the details.

IDE: Eclipse/Maven API: JAXB, an xml reader/writer API Issue: Maven is hanging when building the dependency in pom.xml.

More Information: I copy and pasted the jar into a project folder "lib". Then moved the project over to the resource folder. After that, I used maven from eclipse (I think that's the embedded Maven), to add the dependency to the pom.xml. It's been over 4 hours now. I also stopped eclipse through Windows Task Manager. When eclipse started after that, it is continuing with the Maven dependency build, and will not finish.

The hanging occurs during the build after doing this:
Once indexing is complete, Right-click on the project -> Maven -> Add Dependency and start typing the name of the project you want to import (such as "hibernate"). Then select the project.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This has sucked a whole day out of actual coding; and turned into a configuration issue.

Thanks!
Re: Java Eclipse/Maven, Hanging on Dependency Build for JAXB 4+ Hrs [message #1826474 is a reply to message #1826446] Sat, 25 April 2020 14:50 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It sounds like you're using Eclipse m2e. They use the following mailing list for user questions:

https://accounts.eclipse.org/mailing-list/m2e-users

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Eclipse 2020/06 with Xcode 11.4.1 on 10.15.4, is there a requirement to have Xcode installed ?
Next Topic:Will Eclipse itself ever move to Java 9 jigsaw/modules?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:32:27 GMT 2024