Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Jubula Connecting to backend database(Jubula Connecting to backend database)
Jubula Connecting to backend database [message #1826427] Fri, 24 April 2020 16:52 Go to next message
sreesowmya telikipalli is currently offline sreesowmya telikipalliFriend
Hi,

Could you please let me know if we can connect to any backend database for executing queries as part of AUT testing from Jubula GUI.

Read online that this can be done by creating an extension to Jubula .correct me if I am wrong .Please let me know if there is a specific documentation /example which I can follow

Thanks
Re: Jubula Connecting to backend database [message #1826889 is a reply to message #1826427] Mon, 04 May 2020 06:28 Go to previous message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
There are multiple ways.
Jubula itself is not able to do some database operations. But you can as part of a test, execute database script with the execute external Command[1].
An other option would be to create your own Test case which implements a database connection with your desired operations. This is more effort since you must create a extension.

I would prefer to use the execute external command operation to execute database scripts.
best regards
Marvin Mueller
[1] https://help.eclipse.org/2020-03/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/content/html/reference/actions/ch05s01s01s07.html
Previous Topic:Unable to run a Java based unit test example
Next Topic:Developing plugins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:29:48 GMT 2024