Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » eGIT is throwing NullPointerException
eGIT is throwing NullPointerException [message #1826346] Thu, 23 April 2020 18:37 Go to next message
Hakan Bayindir is currently offline Hakan BayindirFriend

Hello all,

I'm experiencing a strange problem with the latest Eclipse (2020.03) CDT with eGIT. Whenever I open Git perspective, I'm greeted with NullPointerException errors.

The errors popup almost in every action I do. eGIT's functionality seems unaffected but, errors make it unusable. When I close the perspective completely, errors go away.

I've added two log exports just after the problem occurred however, I'm not very knowledgeable about Eclipse so, the logs don't make much sense to me. The system is Debian Testing with OpenJDK 14. System was running previous versions (up to 2019.12).

Removing and reinstalling the plugin didn't make any difference.

Other parts of the Eclipse is perfectly operational.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Hakan
Re: eGIT is throwing NullPointerException [message #1826368 is a reply to message #1826346] Fri, 24 April 2020 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
Yes, that's bug 561377. Occurs in EGit 5.7.0.

Two possible fixes:

1. Install EGit nightly, which contains a fix for this, from the update site https://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates-nightly , or
  2. Switch on the preference at Preferences->General->Appearance->Use mixed fonts and colors for labels.

Re: eGIT is throwing NullPointerException [message #1826387 is a reply to message #1826368] Fri, 24 April 2020 08:56 Go to previous message
Hakan Bayindir is currently offline Hakan BayindirFriend

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the answer. I was unable to find the bug report tho. I decided to apply the workaround. Everything is fine now.

Regards,

Hakan
Previous Topic:Pull Issue
Next Topic:After upgrade to 2020-03, egit sees unstaged changes even after replace with HEAD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:50:13 GMT 2024