Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Programatic Loading of Multiple XText Projects with dependencies(How to programmatically load DSL's with cross project dependencies. )
Programatic Loading of Multiple XText Projects with dependencies [message #1826290] Wed, 22 April 2020 22:04 Go to next message
Duncan Krebs is currently offline Duncan KrebsFriend
I have a use case where I start with two projects A and B in my eclipse workspace. Using project properties I add Project A as a dependency to Project B, then in project B I am able to use namespace imports to reference other packages defined in Project A and opening it in the editor those cross project dependencies are nicely resolved.

What I want to do is figure out how to load these xtext projects on the server-side where its running Equinox and the two projects are on the file system at a known location. I can easily traverse both projects to get DSL scripts but how would I resolve the dependency project B has on A? The way I currently go about this without cross project dependencies is creating a single XText Resource Set and load all the DSL scripts in the project. In this case would I use the same approach by adding all DSL scripts from Project A and B into the same resource and the dependencies will resolve or is there a different way to go about this?

Thanks for any input.
Re: Programatic Loading of Multiple XText Projects with dependencies [message #1826298 is a reply to message #1826290] Thu, 23 April 2020 07:03 Go to previous message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

Right, basically all scripts must be contained in the same ResourceSet. Within Eclipse Xtext makes sure that these are automatically added/updated/removed and that there exists an abstraction of workspace projects and their dependencies. On the server side it's your responsibility.
Previous Topic:Matching end string for each begin
Next Topic:Illegal reflective access operation has occurred (guice3.0)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 11:00:40 GMT 2024