Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [Compare] Using ExtensionPoint for PostProcessor
[Compare] Using ExtensionPoint for PostProcessor [message #1826236] Tue, 21 April 2020 16:11 Go to next message
Clemens Proyer is currently offline Clemens ProyerFriend
Hi,

I would like to use EMF Compare and implement a CustomPostProcessor through the extension point as documented in the Developer guide (https://www.eclipse.org/emf/compare/documentation/latest/developer/developer-guide.html).
But so far I had no luck. My current progress is, that the developer guide looks to be not uptodate since in it the used xml node is a <postProcessor> but the propper node seems to be <processor>. The CustomPostProcessor Class implements the IPostProcessor Interface and all needed functions. But also with this adaption neither the construtor methode nor any other features of the CustomPostProcessor class are called when making an emf compare. The CustomPostProcessor is also not shown in the Preference Window under the Tab "EMF Compare/Post Processors". Therefore I assume that I have an error in the extension point configuration. My xml snippet for the postProcessor is pasted down below.
If the error lies elsewehere any help would be appreciated.

<extension point="org.eclipse.emf.compare.rcp.postProcessor">
<processor
class="uri.to.CustomPostProcessor"
ordinal="P1">
<nsURI
value="same.as.in.metamodel.defined">
</nsURI>
</processor>
</extension>

regards,
Clemens Proyer
Re: [Compare] Using ExtensionPoint for PostProcessor [message #1826671 is a reply to message #1826236] Tue, 28 April 2020 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump and now with a concrete questions:

Is there any documentation for this? Like an example for using a custom PostProcessor through an extension point? What beginner errors can occur when someone uses the extension points for the first time?
Re: [Compare] Using ExtensionPoint for PostProcessor [message #1830533 is a reply to message #1826671] Tue, 28 July 2020 15:13 Go to previous message
For future seekers:
Turns out the ordinal number was set wrong. Changing it to "10" did the trick for me. Therefore the working configuration looks like this:

<extension
point="org.eclipse.emf.compare.rcp.postProcessor">
<processor
class="uri.to.CustomPostProcessor"
description="Test Custom Post Processor"
ordinal="10">
<nsURI
value="same.as.in.metamodel.defined">
</nsURI>
</processor>
</extension>
Previous Topic:How to avoid code generation of the refered ecore file in genmodel file
Next Topic:Getting EObject from an URI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:42:16 GMT 2024