Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Error with missing 'server' JVM
Error with missing 'server' JVM [message #1826187] Mon, 20 April 2020 18:09 Go to next message
Eric Song is currently offline Eric SongFriend
I am using a macOS 10.15.4 Catalina and have downloaded the jdk-13.0.2 and jdk-8u251 installation already, both on 64 bit. However, when I attempt to run a program in Eclipse I receive the error in console, "Error: missing `server' JVM at `/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-13.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/server/libjvm.dylib'. Please install or use the JRE or JDK that contains these missing components." How may I resolve this issue? The screenshot is attached and please let me know if there is any other information that I can provide.
Re: Error with missing 'server' JVM [message #1826201 is a reply to message #1826187] Tue, 21 April 2020 05:09 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I'm not Mac expert and I'm not sure whether anyone else will answer...

Is that file really missing, i.e., is there a /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-13.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/server folder on your machine?

I know there is this bug open that might be related:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=559482

This might be another case of there being a symbolic link needed that's actually packaged up as a copy of the library rather than as a symbolic link to the library.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:External Tool option in Eclipse ribbon displaying Error
Next Topic:Eclipse IDE using for Mathematica wolfram workbench
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:02:56 GMT 2024