Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Executing Javafx 11(Execution error)
Executing Javafx 11 [message #1826100] Sun, 19 April 2020 14:53 Go to next message
Mike Bray is currently offline Mike BrayFriend
I have a javafx app that I have been running with JDK 1.8. I want to upgrade this to JDK 11. I have success fully compiled and built a jar using Maven (Shade) and have got Jubula to start the AUT and start to execute my tests. These are tests that worked under JDK 1.8.

When trying to select a Tab in a TabPane I get the execution error:

Execution Error: "Unable to make private javafx.scene.control.skin.TabPaneSkin$TabHeaderSkin javafx.scene.control.skin.TabPaneSkin$TabHeaderArea.getTabHeaderSkin(javafx.scene.control.Tab) accessible: module javafx.controls does not "opens javafx.scene.control.skin" to unnamed module @667b9d74"

See enclosed images error200419.jpg and screen200419.jpg.

The test first checks the Window menu item to see if the window is already open and then selects the tab. This is the point of failure.

What is going on and how do I overcome it?
Thanks for the help.
Mike Bray

Mike Bray
Re: Executing Javafx 11 [message #1826132 is a reply to message #1826100] Mon, 20 April 2020 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Hello Mike Bray,

From our release notes:
JavaFX 9 and later

Java 9 and later applications must be started with the jvm arguments '--add-opens=javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.skin=ALL-UNNAMED-illegal-access=permit'. This is necessary because we are using internal information to get e.g. some position information of components.

this should help to get rid of the Problem.

best regards
Marvin Mueller
Re: Executing Javafx 11 [message #1826140 is a reply to message #1826132] Mon, 20 April 2020 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Marvin, thanks for the quick reply. I have added it and received an error from Java (see error200420.jpg). I am executing Java 11.0.6 and using the enclosed cmd file (junglefinance.cmd)

Regards
Mike

Mike Bray
Re: Executing Javafx 11 [message #1826143 is a reply to message #1826140] Mon, 20 April 2020 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Marvin

After investigating the Java options I have found the issue, I cut and pasted the option from the release notes into my command file. There is a missing space and -. It should read '--add-opens=javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.skin=ALL-UNNAMED --illegal-access=permit'. This worked.
Regards
Mike

Mike Bray
Re: Executing Javafx 11 [message #1826163 is a reply to message #1826143] Mon, 20 April 2020 14:15 Go to previous message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Hi Mike,
thanks for your Information and pointing out the issue with the wrong space and missing "-". I will fix this in the documentation.

I am glad it worked out
best regards
Marvin Mueller
Previous Topic:Help in converting the existing Jubula project to Junit
Next Topic:Unable to run a Java based unit test example
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:43:58 GMT 2024