Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Unable to add a new item to an empty table view
Unable to add a new item to an empty table view [message #1826081] Sat, 18 April 2020 15:53 Go to next message
Denis Nikiforov is currently offline Denis NikiforovFriend
Hi

I can add a new line in a table view using a context menu (left side of the screenshot). But I can't do it in an empty table view (right side of the screenshot):

index.php/fa/37864/0/

Re: Unable to add a new item to an empty table view [message #1826564 is a reply to message #1826081] Mon, 27 April 2020 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

How did you add this contextual menu? Through custom code? Maybe it is a problem of context here as you have no selection the context should be set to the semantic root of the table.
You should also probably add "Create Line Tool" in your table description in order to have the same action in the main toolbar.

Best regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Unable to add a new item to an empty table view [message #1826892 is a reply to message #1826564] Mon, 04 May 2020 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denis Nikiforov is currently offline Denis NikiforovFriend
It is a standard contextual menu. I've just added a "Create Line Tool". I think the problem is that "Create Line Tool" is active only in a context of an existing line, and not available in the context of a whole table.

To reproduce the problem you can either open an empty table view (without any lines), or open any table view, don't select any lines, just right-click on a table:

index.php/fa/38034/0/
Re: Unable to add a new item to an empty table view [message #1826904 is a reply to message #1826892] Mon, 04 May 2020 10:42 Go to previous message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

I thought this could have been because of some custom code, but indeed, you are right, as the contextual action requires a context, you can't use it on an empty table. Meanwhile, I had a similar question on this post: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1826903/#msg_1826903
You can check my answers there, but the idea is that, the "Create line" tool will have the same limitation concerning the contextual menu of an empty table, but the tools will be available in the main toolbar.

Best regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:All Layouts Have Containers On Top of One Another
Next Topic:how to force is-dirty in Sirius framework representation diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 06:58:46 GMT 2024