Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Eclipse Update asking for workspace.location on startup
Eclipse Update asking for workspace.location on startup [message #1824416] Wed, 15 April 2020 05:41 Go to next message
Christian Pontesegger is currently offline Christian PonteseggerFriend
Hi,

I often use the oomph expert mode to deploy a fresh Eclipse instance (eg IDE for Eclipse Committers). When I am not selecting any project to be provisioned, I end up with problems with the workspace.location variable. No matter what I set there, Eclipse will nag me to fill out this variable on each IDE startup showing the Eclipse Updater popup.

Is there a way to fill out this variable properly?
Re: Eclipse Update asking for workspace.location on startup [message #1824443 is a reply to message #1824416] Wed, 15 April 2020 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
The workspace.location variable comes from (is induced from) a Workspace task which has ID workspace and only the Project Catalogs have a Workspace task. If you have tasks that are not in Project setup, it will be better to use ${osgi.instance.area} because that value is always defined by the Equinox runtime.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Eclipse Update asking for workspace.location on startup [message #1824481 is a reply to message #1824443] Thu, 16 April 2020 03:30 Go to previous message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Note also the following:

1) ${osgi.instance.area} expands to a URI, typically a file: URI. Use ${osgi.instance.area|file} to convert it to a file system path.
2) At BOOTSTAP trigger the ${osgi.instance.area} points to the instance area of the installer itself, i.e., its configuration folder.

Previous Topic:Do not install optional p2 dependencies of requirements
Next Topic:Task list view error on first startup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:11:30 GMT 2024