Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Best version of Eclipse and Papyrus SysML(What is the best combination of Eclipse and Papyrus versions and plug-ins for SysML)
Best version of Eclipse and Papyrus SysML [message #1824404] Tue, 14 April 2020 21:30 Go to next message
Gerald Goldsmith is currently offline Gerald GoldsmithFriend
Hello,

I'm starting to work with Papyrus SysML on Eclipse. I'm using:

Eclipse IDE for Java Developers
Version: 2020-03 (4.15.0)
Build id: 2020313-1211

I've installed the following from the Papyrus site:

Papyrus SysML 1.6 Feature 1.0.0
Papyrus SysML 1.6 Feature Developer Resources 1.0.0
Papyrus SysML 1.6 Requirements Extension Feature 1.0.0
Papyrus SysML 1.6 Requirements Extension Feature Developer Resources 1.0.0

I'm working through a tutorial on modeling a microwave oven on Youtube. I'm noticing the following differences between the tutorial and my version of Eclipse Papyrus SysML:

- The top level item in the tutorial is named RootElement while the top level item has the same name as the project (Microwave_v_1_1_6) by default in my version
- Packages are added directly under the next higher package in the tutorial while they are added as an ownedElement of the next higher package in my version
- The diagrams Palette is different in the tutorial as compare to my version of the software
- For example the Use Cases diagram palette has Nodes, Children and Links sections while my version has only General Annotations and Use Case sections
- Also: The Activity diagram palette has Nodes and Edges sections in the tutorial but my version only has General Annotations and Activity sections
- The start node and activities cannot be connected in my version of the software. I have tried every type of Control Flow, Link, drag and drop and it doesn't work

Should I be using an earlier version of Eclipse and/or Papyrus SysML? Perhaps one that has been used longer and has had more time to be debugged? Is there a combination of Eclipse and Papyrus SysML that works particularly well?
Do I need to install additional plug-ins to get the features I see in the tutorial?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Best version of Eclipse and Papyrus SysML [message #1824510 is a reply to message #1824404] Thu, 16 April 2020 15:33 Go to previous message
jb tw is currently offline jb twFriend
I think the tutorial you refer to is made for SysML 1.2 or so.
There are some changes in the SysML thing at least in SysML 1.4 (and probably SysML 1.6). Why it is i don't know.
Here: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1100927/ there is spoken about IBD what does some strange thinks. but also there is no much response.

Here: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1099101/ is a more recent Papyrus SysML tutorial but it isn't finished yet. but then you have at least a starting point
Previous Topic:Error in setup with Oomph
Next Topic:Add Component to Deployment Diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:36:37 GMT 2024