Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Problem with Xtext running in tomcat 9.0.16 guice 4.2.3, Xtext 2.20.0(Error in tomcat 9)
Problem with Xtext running in tomcat 9.0.16 guice 4.2.3, Xtext 2.20.0 [message #1824007] Mon, 06 April 2020 13:03 Go to next message
Luca Romano is currently offline Luca RomanoFriend
Hi all,

I have a very strange behaviour of my Xtext application.

It runs perfectly in Debian (buster), but in CentOS it raises error after some reloads (the number is random) of the page where you have the Web Editor it raises the exception listed at the bottom of this message.
So it stops working as expected, no syntax check no highlight until you restart tomcat9.

The other difference is that the CentOS server is accessed through a VPN.
The CentOS version is 3.10.0-1062.18.1.el7.x86_64

Thanks in advance,
Luca
06-Apr-2020 10:49:40.796 SEVERE [https-openssl-nio-8443-exec-4] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke Servlet.service() for servlet [XtextServices] in context with path [/leitfeld] threw exception
com.google.inject.ConfigurationException: Guice configuration errors:

1) No implementation for org.eclipse.xtext.ide.editor.contentassist.antlr.internal.Lexer annotated with @com.google.inject.name.Named(value="org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.contentassist.antlr.internal.Lexer.CONTENT_ASSIST") was bound.
while locating org.eclipse.xtext.ide.editor.contentassist.antlr.internal.Lexer annotated with @com.google.inject.name.Named(value="org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.contentassist.antlr.internal.Lexer.CONTENT_ASSIST")
for field at org.eclipse.xtext.ide.editor.contentassist.antlr.ContentAssistContextFactory.lexer(ContentAssistContextFactory.java:62)
while locating com.google.inject.Provider<org.eclipse.xtext.ide.editor.contentassist.antlr.ContentAssistContextFactory>
for field at org.eclipse.xtext.web.server.contentassist.ContentAssistService.contextFactoryProvider(ContentAssistService.java:45)
while locating org.eclipse.xtext.web.server.contentassist.ContentAssistService
for field at org.eclipse.xtext.web.server.XtextServiceDispatcher.contentAssistService(XtextServiceDispatcher.java:93)
while locating org.eclipse.xtext.web.server.XtextServiceDispatcher

2) No implementation for org.eclipse.xtext.ide.editor.contentassist.antlr.internal.Lexer annotated with @com.google.inject.name.Named(value="org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.contentassist.antlr.internal.Lexer.CONTENT_ASSIST") was bound.
while locating org.eclipse.xtext.ide.editor.contentassist.antlr.internal.Lexer annotated with @com.google.inject.name.Named(value="org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.contentassist.antlr.internal.Lexer.CONTENT_ASSIST")
for field at org.eclipse.xtext.ide.editor.contentassist.antlr.ContentAssistContextFactory.lexer(ContentAssistContextFactory.java:62)
while locating com.google.inject.Provider<org.eclipse.xtext.ide.editor.contentassist.antlr.ContentAssistContextFactory>
for field at org.eclipse.xtext.web.server.contentassist.ContentAssistService.contextFactoryProvider(ContentAssistService.java:45)
while locating org.eclipse.xtext.web.server.contentassist.ContentAssistService
for field at org.eclipse.xtext.web.server.hover.HoverService.contentAssistService(HoverService.java:55)
while locating org.eclipse.xtext.web.server.hover.HoverService
for field at org.eclipse.xtext.web.server.XtextServiceDispatcher.hoverService(XtextServiceDispatcher.java:93)
while locating org.eclipse.xtext.web.server.XtextServiceDispatcher

3) No implementation for org.eclipse.xtext.ide.editor.contentassist.antlr.IContentAssistParser was bound.
while locating org.eclipse.xtext.ide.editor.contentassist.antlr.IContentAssistParser
for field at org.eclipse.xtext.ide.editor.contentassist.antlr.ContentAssistContextFactory.parser(ContentAssistContextFactory.java:467)

Re: Problem with Xtext running in tomcat 9.0.16 guice 4.2.3, Xtext 2.20.0 [message #1824023 is a reply to message #1824007] Mon, 06 April 2020 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
there is no official support for guice 4.3 so its hard to tell what is happening ...
can you reproduce this with a repeatedly running unit test?
you could also try to log if the injector instance is different in the good/bad case

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de

[Updated on: Mon, 06 April 2020 15:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with Xtext running in tomcat 9.0.16 guice 4.2.3, Xtext 2.20.0 [message #1824027 is a reply to message #1824023] Mon, 06 April 2020 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Christian,

thank you for the answer, I came back to guice 4.0 but nothing changed.
It is hard to put that stuff in a unit test as I need same O.S., same tomcat and so on.
I will try to log the instance, and I'll ket you know.
Best,
Luca
Re: Problem with Xtext running in tomcat 9.0.16 guice 4.2.3, Xtext 2.20.0 [message #1824036 is a reply to message #1824027] Mon, 06 April 2020 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ps. default is guice 3

Re: Problem with Xtext running in tomcat 9.0.16 guice 4.2.3, Xtext 2.20.0 [message #1824142 is a reply to message #1824036] Wed, 08 April 2020 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you,

I tried with guice 4.0 and guice 3.0.
Same problem, maybe is because of coyote connector (tomcat) configuration?
Maybe because of https?
This is the fail PUT

[code]
"PUT /leitfeld/xtext-service/update?resource=4e9e09f6.lt HTTP/2.0" 500 10552/code]
Re: Problem with Xtext running in tomcat 9.0.16 guice 4.2.3, Xtext 2.20.0 [message #1824145 is a reply to message #1824142] Wed, 08 April 2020 14:28 Go to previous message
i assume the put is a fllow up error.
unfortunarely i dont have any time to reproduce a example.
are you able to preproduce this with jetty?
did you try a different jvm on CentOS

Previous Topic:Indirect left recursion
Next Topic:Data type rules for string literals
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:23:49 GMT 2024