Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Scaling issues with text in toolbar
Scaling issues with text in toolbar [message #1823993] Mon, 06 April 2020 09:32 Go to next message
Benedict Wright is currently offline Benedict WrightFriend
Hi,
We are currently seeing some issues in our RCP application where text and icons within a toolbar is nor properly scaled under windows. This happens on high DPI screens (4k) and zooming of 225%. Our application is run under such client environments that making them set the compatibility mode of the scaling to system as advised in https://superuser.com/questions/1230346/overriding-high-dpi-scaling-from-the-command-line/1230356 is not possible. Also we would like to not have to tell our users to do it manually.

My Question: is this a known or even fixed issue (we are using 4.12 to ship)? Is there a workaround?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I was unable to find satisfactory answers.

Thank you for your support.
Re: Scaling issues with text in toolbar [message #1823995 is a reply to message #1823993] Mon, 06 April 2020 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolf Theunissen is currently offline Rolf TheunissenFriend
Not sure what your scaling issue is related to, but the 'swt.autoScale' and 'swt.autoScale.method' options you could use to tweak the Eclipse scaling system, see https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/news/4.6/platform.php#swt-autoscale-tweaks
Re: Scaling issues with text in toolbar [message #1824048 is a reply to message #1823995] Tue, 07 April 2020 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benedict Wright is currently offline Benedict WrightFriend
thanks, we have used this to fix most of our issues, by setting swt.autoScale=integer and swt.autoScale.method=nearest . However there is still one scaling issue with text that appears in textboxes in toolbars. we can fix this issue by applying the fix described in the link i posted above, however we can not ask our users to change some OS specific application settings, nor will we be able to set registry keys on their machines.
Re: Scaling issues with text in toolbar [message #1824052 is a reply to message #1824048] Tue, 07 April 2020 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolf Theunissen is currently offline Rolf TheunissenFriend
I understand now. If the issue is only is in toolbars, and only on windows, it must be a bug. Could you create a bug report for Platform UI? If you have a minimal example showing the issue, please attach it to the bug report.
Re: Scaling issues with text in toolbar [message #1824361 is a reply to message #1824052] Tue, 14 April 2020 10:20 Go to previous message
Matthias Paul Scholz is currently offline Matthias Paul ScholzFriend
Hi,

I have posted a bug report alongside with a screenshot and a sample rcp app for reproduction:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=562099

Best,
MP
Previous Topic:unresolved requirements when running product
Next Topic:Is there any way to let common navigator framework respond to unsaved changes?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:31:24 GMT 2024