Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » How many key-pairs do I need to access core repos?(Unable to access eclipse.platform.common)
How many key-pairs do I need to access core repos? [message #1823923] Fri, 03 April 2020 22:21 Go to next message
Richard Steiger is currently offline Richard SteigerFriend
Up until several days ago, I've been able to do installs, with occasional (maybe 1-2 failures per 10 tries), the failures due mostly to timeouts, which have generally worked on first or second retries.

For the last couple of weeks, I've been blocked doing any installs, due to the following 100%-reproduceable git clone failure:

Performing Git Clone ssh://anonymous@git.eclipse.org:29418/platform/eclipse.platform.common (master)
Cloning Git repo ssh://anonymous@git.eclipse.org:29418/platform/eclipse.platform.common to P:\eclipse\SDK\pde-master\git\eclipse.platform.common
java.lang.Exception: org.eclipse.jgit.api.errors.TransportException: ssh://anonymous@git.eclipse.org:29418/platform/eclipse.platform.common: No more authentication methods available
at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.git.impl.GitCloneTaskImpl.perform(GitCloneTaskImpl.java:907)
at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.core.SetupTaskPerformer.doPerformNeededSetupTasks(SetupTaskPerformer.java:3827)
at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.core.SetupTaskPerformer.access$1(SetupTaskPerformer.java:3770)

Using the cmd-line git, I found that while I have (at least read-only) access to git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/platform/eclipse.platform.debug, I don't have access to ssh://anonymous@git.eclipse.org:29418/platform/eclipse.platform.common (all accesses via Oomph).

I was under the impression that my personal github key-pair was sufficient to access all egit repos, but the above indicates otherwise. What do I need to do to get access to platform/eclipse.platform.common, and any other repos needed to do a Committers install?

Thanks,

-rjs

Re: How many key-pairs do I need to access core repos? [message #1823924 is a reply to message #1823923] Fri, 03 April 2020 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Is anonymous your username associated to your Eclipse account ?
Did you upload your public ssh key to gerrit for this Eclipse account ?
Does the clone using the same URL work using native git ?
Re: How many key-pairs do I need to access core repos? [message #1823931 is a reply to message #1823924] Sat, 04 April 2020 05:05 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
If you want anonymous access (read-only), you must choose one of the URIs that supports anonymous. E.g., git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/platform/eclipse.platform. The form of URI you used above looks like ssh://${git.user.id|username}@git.eclipse.org/gitroot/platform/eclipse.platform.git, i.e., SSH (read-write direct) in the Variables page and here the git.user.id (prompted via the Eclipse Git/Gerrit user ID) must match your Eclipse org account name, e.g., emerks for me, and you must have uploaded your public key for this to work. If you no longer see the prompt for the Eclipse Git/Gerrit user ID variable, use the "Show all variables" checkbox at the bottom of the Variables page to show all the variables for which you've previously specified a value.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Dirty resource - icon by default
Next Topic:cloning/fetching repo from an S3-compatible Object Storage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:54:59 GMT 2024