Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Validating FBOOT file by a runtime application
Validating FBOOT file by a runtime application [message #1823877] Fri, 03 April 2020 12:17 Go to next message
Arturas Jonkus is currently offline Arturas JonkusFriend
I've been using your software for some time now with very satisfying results. However, functionality I haven't found is validation of FBOOT file. I have inspected code and found that validation is taking place, however, there's no option to validate FBOOT file without launching the whole process and there are no option to stop process on FBOOT validation failure.

I am considering developing the idea myself because it would be very useful to have result in textual form if file is uploaded via some front-end interface. I would like to ask if anyone has done validation part before or can share some insights if it could be possible with very little development.

Thanks in advance
Re: Validating FBOOT file by a runtime application [message #1823945 is a reply to message #1823877] Sat, 04 April 2020 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

I'm happy that 4diac gives you very satisfying results.

Regarding your question: What would you like to validate. If the bootfile is in itself correct? Or if all the types of the bootfile are available? Have you tested our experimental Lua enhanced 4diac FORTE where types are dynamically loaded?
Re: Validating FBOOT file by a runtime application [message #1823985 is a reply to message #1823945] Mon, 06 April 2020 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arturas Jonkus is currently offline Arturas JonkusFriend
On boot, error messages are printed telling if and what went wrong. I would be content with the same output, just without launching the whole process. I would probably be fine with launching the whole system just to check the integrity and then silently stop after all checks have been done.

I haven't heard about experimental FORTE. At this point I don't see where dynamically loaded types could be much of a use for validation
Re: Validating FBOOT file by a runtime application [message #1824028 is a reply to message #1823985] Mon, 06 April 2020 17:29 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

That would be an interesting tool. The point i see is that if it should be a remote tool or part of the 4diac FORTE you would like to test. From my experience sofar mostly the problem is that certain types are not available in the run-time. All other errors are typically caused by FBs not beeing able to be created. So a first checker could simply send a Query types command to a running 4diac FORTE instance and then check the bootfile if only available types are used. The next step would be to also check if the types have the same interface (i.e., so that the connections and parameters can be created) this is a bit more complicated because for that you need to access the type lib. I don't know if we already have an API for that. But it could be done I think.

Finally the reason I brought up the Lua extended 4diac FORTE is exactly the first problem I mentioned above. Most of the time the problem is a missing type. With the Lua version types can dynamically loaded either remotely or from the bootfile. Therefore I root cause for most errors is gone.
Previous Topic:Writing CSV File Using CSVWriter
Next Topic:CMake Error generate_stringlist
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:27:37 GMT 2024