Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Sirius behavior changes when deployed into a eclipse plugin
Sirius behavior changes when deployed into a eclipse plugin [message #1823595] Mon, 30 March 2020 04:43 Go to next message
Yufei Zhou is currently offline Yufei ZhouFriend
Hi,

I managed to deploy my Sirius project(including meta-model and .odesign project) as an eclipse plugin and successfully installed it on another eclipse app. But I've met some strange problems that my Sirius project behaves different from the one that Obeo Designer launched. Concretely, I added an "create line tool" for an edition table, and the tool works fine in the Obeo Designer launched application. But in the eclipse plugin, the create line tool won't work, I clicked it but it just have no response. Something same happens in another create line tool, which means all the create line tools are not working in my deployed plugin.
The following snapshots are one of my create line tool's detail. I wonder why the tool works in a launched application but doesn't work as a plugin. Some advice for how to debug a Sirius deployed plugin would be also helpful.

Thanks for any help or advice!

index.php/fa/37695/0/
index.php/fa/37696/0/
Re: Sirius behavior changes when deployed into a eclipse plugin [message #1823596 is a reply to message #1823595] Mon, 30 March 2020 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried several methods to fix this problem, and I found that if remove the set index below the create instance operation and this create line tool works fine. Currently the set index operation uses aql:self.createElementIndex() to set the index for the new instance, and once I add the set index operation, the create line tool stops working in the plugin(but still works fine in the launched application). I wonder why this is happening as I don't think the set index operation has something wrong. Strange problem.
Re: Sirius behavior changes when deployed into a eclipse plugin [message #1823597 is a reply to message #1823596] Mon, 30 March 2020 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It seems that only when set index operation calls an java service method with aql, this problem happens. I think there might be something wrong with my java service or aql calling, but I couldn't find it.
Re: Sirius behavior changes when deployed into a eclipse plugin [message #1823611 is a reply to message #1823597] Mon, 30 March 2020 09:08 Go to previous message
Addition:
After several hours of trying I found that if I use service:myMethod() instead of aql:self.myMethod() the problem disappears.
That is so strange that I always thought that service:myMethod() is strictly equals to aql:self.myMethod(). So why aql is not working but service is working anyway?
Previous Topic:Graphical elements extension to Sirius?
Next Topic:Opening external browser
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 00:04:35 GMT 2024