Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » Problem executing STF525 CAM Test(I am having problems executing the STF525 tool found in forge.etsi.org and I am asking for help or advice)
Problem executing STF525 CAM Test [message #1823417] Thu, 26 March 2020 10:01 Go to next message
Pedro Rios is currently offline Pedro RiosFriend
Hello, my name is Pedro and I am currently working on a tool to automatize the ETSI Conformance Tests.
I started with the Titanized project in GitHub and I could manage to get this working without major problems using its TitanTriMapper, Geonetworking and utoepy projects to get all things together. I, for instance, can run all CAM Test Cases both using this tools and using a real Hardware.

Several weeks ago I find that there was an update of the Test Cases and searching for more information i reach to the forge etsi repository and could find a project called ITS and, the important thing, it has a branch called STF525 that is currently getting updates with new Test Cases for CAM, DENM... and other bugs solved, and that is what i need. But the problem is that I am not able to get this working:

I was able to compile and run this project in 2 ways:
1) Using Docker:
Straight-forward explanation, I just executed the Docker script and followed the steps on the READMEs.

2) Copying Docker execution in my own PC:
Git-cloned the project. Executing the script update_its_project.bash. This will create the same 'etsi_its' folder as in the Docker. Install all dependencies needed. Update environment variables. Create a 'framework' folder with ASN, Eclipse and Titan folders as Docker does. Basically, I followed the same steps the Dockerfile is doing in its execution but I do them in my own PC.

This will get me to the point that Docker and my PC have the same project structure and versions.

From now on, the explanation will have the same effect in both scenarios, so I will write it but can be executed on both.
Following the steps i could find in the root README and in the Docker README, i went to the path ../etsi_its/src/AtsCAM/objs/ and execute:
../bin/cam_generate_makefile.bash

This will take a while but it will create an executable in 'bin' folder.
Next step is to execute it, but here is where I get the problems. I have 2 ways of executing this:
1) Using the recommended procedure written in the READMEs that is (from the same 'objs' folder):
Update the Makefile to change the IP and Port.
../bin/run_all.bash

This will try to open an MC connection but all options that tried falied (It returns 'Connection refused') but when I tried using the TitanTriMapper project to wait for connections, I can see that the execution is trying to communicate with the TitanTriMapper but something went wrong, and I dont know what. I attached the 'Makefile' I use to execute this and the TitanTriMapper log that i get with the error.

2) Using ttcn3_start command (my personal favourite option):
From 'objs' folder:
cd ../bin/
ttcn3_start AtsCAM ../etc/AtsCAM.cfg

Previously, I changed the information in the cfg file in order to connect with my machine. Instead of using a real Hardware, I decided to emulate the CAM/DENM messages using Geonetworking + utoepy projects above mentioned. I configure everything so the AtsCAM will connect and recieve messages from this GeoNetworking execution, and it does! But when the tests recieves a CAM message, it is unable to decode it and 'ASN decode' returns '-1', causing and error and stopping the test. I have attached the terminal log of the execution (AtsCAM ASN Decode -1 Terminal LOG.log), the mtc log generated (AtsCAM.titans-mtc (ASN Decode -1).log) and the 'AtsCAM.cfg' file.

At this point I dont know if I am doing something wrong with the compilation, execution or configuration or if it is the STF525 project itself that, because of continuously updates and early stage, is causing errors and incorrect behaviours.
I came here to ask for help, advice or some short of solution.

Thank you all for your time spent on reading this or in answering it.

Best regards, Pedro.

Pd.: As I am a new user, I can not post external URLs, so I will try to put them here as plain text, so is up to you to copy and paste it in the browser, sorry for that:
Titanized project: github.com/elnrnag/ITSG5_TS_Titanized_TA
ETSI repository: forge.etsi.org/rep/explore/groups?nav_source=navbar
ITS Project: forge.etsi.org/rep/ITS/ITS/tree/master
STF525 branch: forge.etsi.org/rep/ITS/ITS/tree/STF525
Re: Problem executing STF525 CAM Test [message #1823492 is a reply to message #1823417] Fri, 27 March 2020 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lenard Nagy is currently offline Lenard NagyFriend
Hi Pedro,

I'm Nagy Lénárd, I was the one to create (based on other people's work) the ITSG5_TS_Titanized_TA code. It is based on the ETSI STF507 conformance tests. This code base is quite usable, however it is obsolete.

The next step was ETSI STF517 codebase, wich I started to rewrite, and to a certain extent I could make it work partly. I left the work ~2 years ago, so what I write in the following is the situation back then, it might worth doublechecking.
There are 2 major problems with this code:
- The ASN.1 files are not processable by acn1c opensource ASN.1 compiler, as it was for the STF507 codebase, so You'll need another compiler to create C/C++ encoding/decoding for PER communication. Unfortunately o my best knowledge there's no other opensource alternative, but commercial only (like OSS Nokalva's ASN.1 compiler).

- As far as I remember the other problem was that Titan does not support parameterized templates which are defined in ASN.1, but it can be circumvented by restructuring and rewriting a lot of files. Basically You need to create a non-parameterized ASN.1 type for each and every usage, and use those in the ttcn code.

STF525 I did not even start to rewrite, but to my best knowledge Yann Garcia (https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/u/212532/) was trying to make it work with Titan, but I do not know if he was successful.

Regards,
Lenard
Re: Problem executing STF525 CAM Test [message #1823536 is a reply to message #1823492] Sat, 28 March 2020 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elemer Lelik is currently offline Elemer LelikFriend
Hi Pedro,

regarding PER-codec usage in Titan, pls. see

Eclipse Titan and the dilemma of PER-encoding(ASN.1 PER-codec for Titan )

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1070344/

BR

Elemer
Re: Problem executing STF525 CAM Test [message #1823618 is a reply to message #1823536] Mon, 30 March 2020 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pedro Rios is currently offline Pedro RiosFriend
Hi Nagy and Elemer. First of all, thank you for your answers.
Me and my team will review all the information that you provided and start analizyng our approach.
Unfortunately, we do not have much time to spend on this matter and we lack knowledge of this concepts, so we may get here with new information in a month or so, but we will try our best to solve this problem.
We will start by understanding ASN1 enconding and decoding and then try different approaches.
I will also try to find more information about the STF525 and how to be executed with our tools.

Once again, thank you both for your time.

Best regards, Pedro.
Re: Problem executing STF525 CAM Test [message #1826306 is a reply to message #1823618] Thu, 23 April 2020 08:43 Go to previous message
Yann Garcia is currently offline Yann GarciaFriend
Dear Pedro, All,

I'm Yann Garcia from FSCOM and I'm working on the ETSI ITS Test System based on TITAN.
Fisrt, my apologies for my late response to this thread, I was quite busy.

Using the branch STF525, the different test suites are compliant with the latest ETSI ITS standards:

Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS); Vehicular Communications; GeoNetworking ETSI EN 302 636-4-1 V1.3.1 (2017-08)
    ITS Security; Security header and certificate formats ETSI TS 103 097 v1.3.1
    ITS Security; Trust and Privacy Management ETSI TS 102 941 v1.2.2 and ERRATA TS 102 941
    ITS Security; ITS communications security architecture and security management ETSI TS 102 940 v1.3.1
    IEEE Standard for Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments--Security Services for Applications and Management Messages
    IEEE 1609.2a-2017
    EU Certificate Policy for Deployment and Operation of European Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems (C-ITS)
    EU CP v1.1
    Specification of Cooperative Awareness Basic Service (CAM) ETSI EN 302 637-2 v1.4.0 (draft)
    Specifications of Decentralized Environmental Notification Basic Service (DENM) ETSI EN 302 637-3 v1.3.0 (draft)
    ITS Security; Conformance test specifications for ITS Security ETSI TS 103 096-1 v1.4.1, ETSI TS 103 096-2 v1.4.1 and ETSI TS 103 096-3 v1.4.1
    ITS Security; Conformance test specifications for ITS PKI management ETSI TS 103 525-1, ETSI TS 103 525-2 and ETSI TS 103 525-3

Please visit the ETSI portal (portal.etsi.org) for more details about the published and draft standards.

This version (ITS branch STF525) was used during the last ETSI ITS Plugtests (ITS-CMS6 and ITS-CMS7) and also during the last joint 5GAA/ETSI CV2X Plugtest in Malaga in 2019.

Regarding ASN.1, please visit the README.md file: we are using asn1c tool for the encoding/decoding of UPER.
For COER, we are using TITAN encoding/decoding.

Regarding your issue, my mistake: I think the issue is due to two configuration file in etc folder. Please remove this one: etc/AtsCAM_pcap.cfg,

I propose you to use the latest branch of ETSI ITS Test System: TTF0002 for both Its and LibIts.

Please fell free to contact me for any question,

Best regards,

Yann Garcia
Senior Software EngineerMicrosoft MCAD.net Certified
FSCOM SARL
Le Montespan B2
6,  Avenue des Alpes 
F-06600 Antibes, FRANCE
Tel: +33 (0)4 92 94 49 08
Mobile: +33 (0)6 68 94 57 76
Email: yann.garcia@fscom.frSkype: yann.garcia
Previous Topic:more strict 'ifpresent' handling in titan 6.6.x compared to previous versions
Next Topic:Incorrect decoding of an unaligned bit-field (BIT5)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:10:42 GMT 2024