|EGit ignores my attempt to stage files in one repository [message #1823385]
||Wed, 25 March 2020 22:42
| David M. Karr
Registered: July 2009
I seem to have a new egit problem in 2020-03.|
In the last hour I've been making code changes in three different repositories. I've been watching files appear in the staging view from time to time. I was about done with making a set of changes, so I started to set up to push those changes to the remote feature branch.
When I move files from "Unstaged changes" to "Staged changes", I use whatever action is convenient. Sometimes I select individual files and click the +, sometimes I click the ++ and then sometimes move extraneous files back to unstaged with the -. This normally works perfectly fine. Sometimes there is a short delay between clicking the action and seeing the files move from unstaged to staged.
When I did this with the three repositories, two of them worked perfectly fine. The third one is doing something really odd. The delay from clicking the action to move from unstaged to staged is very long. Like, infinite. It's not moving the files. There is no error message, it just takes my request to move the files and ignores me. There is no error in the error log.
At this point, I thought to go to the shell and see if there was something odd about the files. This is a repository that is similar to the one that I saw the weird "crlf execute" bug that I posted about in a separate thread. On that note, I'm pretty sure I don't have that problem with any of these files.
The first thing I did was a "git status". The result confused me a bit. It listed files in the "Changes to be committed:". In fact, all of the files listed there were the files I was attempting to copy to staged files. This makes it seem like egit was moving those files to staged files, but just not displaying them. However, it's more than just not displaying them, because when I now try to "Commit and Push...", it says there are no staged files.
At this point, I guess I'll try a couple of things. I will restart Eclipse and see if that fixes its brain damage. If that doesn't work, I can commit from the shell and then push the branch.
Returning to real time, restarting Eclipse WORKED. I went back to that repository, and now the unstaged changes list was empty, and the staged changes list had all my desired changes. I was able to commit and push.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02199 seconds