Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Delayed Model Change Job Error Panel In 2020-03(Nuisance error panels pop up about every 5 minutes when the debugger is attached.)
Delayed Model Change Job Error Panel In 2020-03 [message #1823305] Tue, 24 March 2020 16:03 Go to next message
Rob Hatcherson is currently offline Rob HatchersonFriend
Yesterday (03/24/2020) I applied the 2020-03 updates to my 2019-12 version of Eclipse. Now I'm getting nuisance pop-panels with window title "Multiple Errors Have Occurred", content title "An internal error has occurred.", and several additional lines that say "Delayed model change job" (see attached image).

So far this is only happening when I have the debugger attached. I timed the appearances, and in my current debug session the panel(s) appear about every 5 minutes. Sometimes I get just one panel; other times I'll get a series of two or three in close succession. And they steal keyboard focus from whatever you're doing - meh.

If you click on "Details >>" it says "An internal error has occurred. Index out of bounds".

This particular workspace was rebuilt from scratch i.e it is not an updated 2019-12 workspace, so no lingering data should be in there.

I also updated Eclipse on my home system, and it's doing the same thing. So... it's probably not anything on the machines.

Anybody have any clues regarding what's going on and how to make it stop (other than switching back to 2019-12)?

Rob
Re: Delayed Model Change Job Error Panel In 2020-03 [message #1823309 is a reply to message #1823305] Tue, 24 March 2020 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Quote:
If you click on "Details >>" it says "An internal error has occurred. Index out of bounds".

Does it show a stack trace? If not, please open the Errors view and look for a corresponding entry. If there's a stacktrace to the exception, then I suggest you file a bug. The packages of classes involved should provide a good hint at which component may be causing this.
Re: Delayed Model Change Job Error Panel In 2020-03 [message #1823314 is a reply to message #1823309] Tue, 24 March 2020 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Stephan,

Thanks for the feedback.

There's no stack trace in the troublesome panel, but the Error log had one (included below). Interestingly, the problem further seems to be associated with just one of our remote debugging configurations. This particular configuration is connected to a VM that has threads coming and going for various reasons, which makes the thread list in the Debug tab dance around a bit. Maybe that's tickling this since the backtrace suggests nodes are being removed from a tree. Though... the thread activity far outpaces the seemingly regular appearance of these panels, so no clue why the appearance of them seems to be about every 5 minutes give or take.

I'll throw it over the fence to the gurus and see what they have to say.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Index out of bounds
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4704)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4638)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4609)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.error(Widget.java:550)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TreeItem.getItem(TreeItem.java:792)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.lambda$4(TreeViewer.java:829)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1397)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.preservingSelection(TreeViewer.java:363)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1358)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.remove(TreeViewer.java:810)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.viewers.model.TreeModelContentProvider.handleRemove(TreeModelContentProvider.java:1546)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.viewers.model.TreeModelContentProvider.updateNodes(TreeModelContentProvider.java:1266)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.viewers.model.TreeModelContentProvider.updateNodes(TreeModelContentProvider.java:1299)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.viewers.model.TreeModelContentProvider.updateNodes(TreeModelContentProvider.java:1299)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.viewers.model.TreeModelContentProvider.updateModel(TreeModelContentProvider.java:562)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.viewers.model.TreeModelContentProvider.doModelChanged(TreeModelContentProvider.java:530)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.viewers.model.TreeModelContentProvider.access$0(TreeModelContentProvider.java:524)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.viewers.model.TreeModelContentProvider$DelayedDoModelChangedJob.runInUIThread(TreeModelContentProvider.java:436)
at org.eclipse.ui.progress.UIJob.lambda$0(UIJob.java:95)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:40)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:185)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4930)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:4451)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1160)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1049)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:155)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:658)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:557)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:154)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:150)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:401)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:657)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:594)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1447)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1420)
Re: Delayed Model Change Job Error Panel In 2020-03 [message #1823317 is a reply to message #1823314] Tue, 24 March 2020 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
TreeModelContentProvider.handleRemove() does some voodoo with variable 'viewIndex', which is then passed into JFace. => I recommend you file a bug against Platform/Debug.
Re: Delayed Model Change Job Error Panel In 2020-03 [message #1823446 is a reply to message #1823317] Thu, 26 March 2020 19:11 Go to previous message
The were quick to mark my bug 561427 as a duplicate of 561338, so the dev team is apparently getting hit over the head with it.

FWIW - and as mentioned somewhere in 561338 - if you jigger around with the thread display filters you can convince it to stop complaining. I can't say exactly what I changed there to make it stop complaining because it seems like the configuration ended up about back where I started. But anyway, if this panel is bugging anybody, try fiddling with those settings and you might get lucky.
Previous Topic:Cannot Find gnu.io library
Next Topic:Connection profile problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:14:53 GMT 2024