Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Diagram extension for a default layer
Diagram extension for a default layer [message #1823249] Mon, 23 March 2020 15:57 Go to next message
Denis Nikiforov is currently offline Denis NikiforovFriend
Hi

I'm trying to create an extensible diagram editor. Models are multi-layered (multi-level) in my project. For example, level 1 defines a process list. On the level 2 one can create a detailed models for each process. The problem is that I don't know what notation one will use on a level 2 (UML Activity, BPMN, etc.). So, I can't define Diagram Creation tools on the level 1 for each level 2 notation. It's possible that one will define a new process notation in a separate plugin.

So, I extend the level 1 diagram specification in the each of level 2 diagram specifications. I add an additional layer defining a Diagram Creation tool. I don't add any new node mappings, so I don't need these extra layers.

The question is: is it possible to extend a default layer with an additional tools, actions without defining additional layers?
Re: Diagram extension for a default layer [message #1823250 is a reply to message #1823249] Mon, 23 March 2020 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, I spent hours to achieve this and found a solution right after I asked a question. It is enough to uncheck "Optional" for additional layers. So the layers will be invisible in a layer list for a diagram.
Re: Diagram extension for a default layer [message #1823252 is a reply to message #1823250] Mon, 23 March 2020 16:15 Go to previous message
No, this approach doesn't work. A node mapping on a level 1 have to refer to all of these DiagramCreationDescription tools in level 2 diagram specifications.

So level 1 odesign-file refers to level 2 odesign-files. It brakes the abstraction I'm trying to achive.
Previous Topic:Element icons get blurred
Next Topic:No viewpoint available?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:03:43 GMT 2024