Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Cannot Find Companion Shared Library
Cannot Find Companion Shared Library [message #1823100] Thu, 19 March 2020 13:47 Go to next message
Keith Stramler is currently offline Keith StramlerFriend
Hello. I hope all are safe and healthy.

I am a new user to Eclipse. I am having a problem on getting things working properly. I installed Neon (4.6), per my manager, and I get the IDE to start up and run. However, whenever I try to open a BIRT Report I get the following message.

The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library.

I have searched the forum and googled, and found some related posts, but they are more for getting Eclipse to start up and run in the first place. I do not find anything where it specifically talks about trying to open an existing project. I have tried removing the

-startup
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.4.0.v20161219-1356.jar

from the Eclipse.ini file and that did not work. I also have gone to the Plugins folder and launched Eclipse from the

org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.201.v20161025-1711

file. Eclipse launches fine and runs using this file, but I still get the same error message whenever I try to open a project.

I would appreciate any help on trying to resolve this issue. I installed Neon Eclipse IDE forJava Developers, 64-bit, and am using Java version jre1.8.0_211, and using Windows 10. If more information is needed, please let me know.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Cannot Find Companion Shared Library [message #1839585 is a reply to message #1823100] Wed, 24 March 2021 08:12 Go to previous message
Nikolai Elders is currently offline Nikolai EldersFriend
Hi Keith,

did you find any solution to this problem?
Previous Topic: Error happened while running the report. when I export Report as Xlxs
Next Topic:XML Source Script Overwritten
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:29:41 GMT 2024