Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » How can I use selection wizard to select from a list of String?(Selection Wizard)
How can I use selection wizard to select from a list of String? [message #1822948] Tue, 17 March 2020 09:16 Go to next message
Yufei Zhou is currently offline Yufei ZhouFriend
Hi,
I'm trying to use a selection wizard to choose the name of a component, and all the available names are saved in a config file which are all in the type of String. I see that the Candidate Expression property in the Selection Wizard mentioned that this expression should return a Collection of EObjects, but unfortunately String type is not an EObject. So I wonder is there any way I can put a list of String in the Selection Wizard's Candidates Expression without a great performance loss?
Thanks so much for any advice.
Re: How can I use selection wizard to select from a list of String? [message #1823147 is a reply to message #1822948] Fri, 20 March 2020 10:11 Go to previous message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

The selection wizard (and other tool) are expecting model elements, you will have trouble to display information coming from a file that is not in the Sirius session (your config file). I think you either need to import the content of the config file as model elements, or have an action/button that open a custom dialog that process your config file.

Best regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Node label margin
Next Topic:Element icons get blurred
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:56:12 GMT 2024