Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Ignores Include Paths(Include Paths in Build)
Eclipse Ignores Include Paths [message #1822918] Mon, 16 March 2020 19:01 Go to next message
Daniel DeLuca is currently offline Daniel DeLucaFriend
Working with Eclipse is sometimes worse than a trip to the Dentists office. I have installed Neon, and I imported a Makefile project. Initially, I attempted to vreate a project with the entire git repo that I was working with, but I could not get the build to complete, and Makefile doesn't always give enough information to indicate what went wrong with the build. So I imported as a Makefile project, the subdir that has the source and Makefile for the specific executable I am trying to build, as I don't need to build an entire binary image to see what is going on inside that executable.

Well, I have tried multiple methods to get the compiler to include the path that contains the header file needed by the source code, yet the Console keeps reporting the following:
gcc -O1 -g [b]-I.. [/b]  -DCONFIG_MOTOPIA_VOICE_DSP_RESTART -DCONFIG_MOTOPIA_TEMP_SENSOR -o sdb_helper generatelog.c voipexe_start.c

I have entered the Path in the following locations:
Project->Properties->C/C++ General->Paths and Symbols->Includes->GNU C
Project->Properties->C/C++ General->Preprocessor Include Paths, Macros etc->Entries->GNI C->CDT User Settings Entries.

In Addtion, I have set
Project->Properties->C/C++ Build Variables
to add certain variables found in the Makefile, that should have set up the path, all to no avail!
Re: Eclipse Ignores Include Paths [message #1822919 is a reply to message #1822918] Mon, 16 March 2020 19:03 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Have you considered asking in the forum specific to those tools? The Neon release is also years out of date, have you tried this in the current release?

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/eclipse.tools.cdt

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Mon, 16 March 2020 19:04]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Upgrading old Jetty-versions inside integrated application packages?
Next Topic:Updated documentation for GitHub integration (HTTPS) on windows 10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 23:41:10 GMT 2024