Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » No viewpoint available?(After I created the domain model, I created a viewpoint project but no viewpoints are available.)
No viewpoint available? [message #1822801] Fri, 13 March 2020 15:47 Go to next message
Jie Du is currently offline Jie DuFriend
Hello, I have completed the example of basicfamily. It was successful, but after I created the domain model myself, the created viewpoint specification project showed that there were no available viewpoints. During the creation of the viewpoint specification project, there was no prompt for Ctr + space in the Domian class. What could be going wrong there? Thanks.

I have solved the problem. Thank you!

[Updated on: Mon, 16 March 2020 02:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: No viewpoint available? [message #1822880 is a reply to message #1822801] Mon, 16 March 2020 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

In your Viewpoint Specification Project, when you select a Viewpoint, in the properties view, there is a field "Model File Extension". You should check that this field is set with the extension of the semantic model you created. Once this is properly set, when you create a Modeling project with the semantic model in it, the viewpoint will be available.
Furthermore, if it is not working for some reason (name conflict, metamodel not deployed...), in your Viewpoint Specification Project, when you select a Representation Description, in the properties view there is a "Metamodel" tab. This allows you to directly select the metamodel to use from the registry or workspace.
Once one of these solution is properly set, you will have the completion in the Viewpoint Specification Project, and the viewpoint will be available in your Modeling project.

Regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: No viewpoint available? [message #1823175 is a reply to message #1822880] Sat, 21 March 2020 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jie Du is currently offline Jie DuFriend
Thanks Steve,Regarding this problem, I found that it is the wrong name of my metamodel. Thank you, but I still have some problems. When I am executing the basicfamily demo, when I create a Domian class, click ctrl + space and it will not be filled automatically. Is this a problem with my metamodel?

Regards,
Jie
Re: No viewpoint available? [message #1823278 is a reply to message #1823175] Tue, 24 March 2020 10:14 Go to previous message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

Regarding the elements I listed in my previous answer, did you fill the "Model File Extension" and the "Metamodel" fields? Also, did you install the basicfamily plugins or do you have it in your workspace and have the Viewpoint Specification Project (the one with the .odesign file) in an Eclipse runtime?

Regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Diagram extension for a default layer
Next Topic:AQL problem in "includes"/"excludes" functions?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:12:10 GMT 2024