Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » about log level suggestion
about log level suggestion [message #1822760] Fri, 13 March 2020 06:23 Go to next message
joy woo is currently offline joy wooFriend
i suggest the loglevel can be set when starting forte with parameters,
other wise change the log level between Error and Info.
Re: about log level suggestion [message #1822767 is a reply to message #1822760] Fri, 13 March 2020 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jose Maria Jesus Cabral Lassalle is currently offline Jose Maria Jesus Cabral LassalleFriend
The good thing about setting at compilation time is that you get a smaller and faster code. The levels of logging are build upon each other, meaning that if you compile with INFO you'll also get ERROR.

In my opinion INFO level gives the right amount of information, since it includes major steps in forte, like opening files or sockets but also not too many, and since it also includes WARNINGS and ERROR, you also get the important stuff.

I know Alois wanted to re-design the loggging in forte, but I don't know the patterns for it
Re: about log level suggestion [message #1822771 is a reply to message #1822767] Fri, 13 March 2020 08:41 Go to previous message
joy woo is currently offline joy wooFriend
I want to start forte by
sudo ./forte > forte.log 2>&1
i add log in ST script in Custom FB by add
DEVLOG_INFO("Floam cylinder first forwording suspend=>");
to record the routing information.
if i can switch loglevel by parameters, then will not have to build two version forte.
but that is not a big deal
Previous Topic:4DIAC TCP client
Next Topic:4Diac Forte and STM32
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:45:49 GMT 2024