Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Elements not showing in the representation
Elements not showing in the representation [message #1822539] Mon, 09 March 2020 15:11 Go to next message
Alexandra Tritean is currently offline Alexandra TriteanFriend
Hello,

I have encountered a really strange behavior in my representation (see picture attached).
From time to time, some of the arrows are not visible anymore in the diagram, but if I'm moving a bit the blue circle they are appearing back.
I don't have certain steps to reproduce this behavior. It happens in multiple cases, when I'm opening the representation, or when I'm doing a change in the underlying resource or even when I'm using using the scrollbar.

Maybe it's worth mentioning that the domain class is the same for the blue circle, the arrows connecting the purple box with the blue circle and the arrows connecting the blue circle with the yellow box.

Any idea what could be the cause of this behavior?

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Alexandra

• Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 68.26KB, Downloaded 66 times)
Re: Elements not showing in the representation [message #1822547 is a reply to message #1822539] Mon, 09 March 2020 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Hi Alexandra,

This could come from GEF/GMF behavior which chooses to hide an edge when the source/target figures (or the anchor) are not fully visible.

Note that you are using the VerticalStack children presentation of containers and your edge mapping has those Region/Compartiment mappings as source/target. The resulting anchor/bendpoints might by hidden due to some rounding done in layout causing the edges to become invisible.

Could you create a bugzilla if you are able to reproduce the issue / find a scenario ?
Regards,

Maxime Porhel - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Elements not showing in the representation [message #1822568 is a reply to message #1822547] Tue, 10 March 2020 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Maxime,

Thank you for your response! :) Your explanation seems very plausible. I was playing around by changing the position of the containers and, indeed, there are certain angles for which all the edges are visible and certain angles for which none of them is visible.

Is there any custom styling that I can apply as a quick fix? Do you think that forcing the edges to 'start' from the same point can help? Or do you have any suggestion on how I can improve my representation?

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Alexandra
Re: Elements not showing in the representation [message #1822580 is a reply to message #1822568] Tue, 10 March 2020 09:10 Go to previous message
Hi Maxime,

Looks like there is already a bug registered for a similar situation https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1097301/
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=543946

I can also add my example there.

Is there any chance you are considering to solve this in the near future? :)

Kind Regards,

Alexandra

[Updated on: Tue, 10 March 2020 09:29]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:list of possible values as parameter
Next Topic:How can I force refresh Java service to reload it in Sirius?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:39:03 GMT 2024