Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » BPMN2 Create new tab for the Task class
BPMN2 Create new tab for the Task class [message #1822443] Fri, 06 March 2020 12:21 Go to next message
Giorgio Mazzotta is currently offline Giorgio MazzottaFriend
Hi all,I am a beginner in this field so i have some very basic question about how to extend models.
This is the issue : i want to create a new property tab for "Task", let's call it "New tab" , and i want to insert some properties in it, for example i want to have two checkbox.
I tried extendind the task model and i added two new properties with type = "Eboolean" .
So i created a new property tab where i specified the features,the type and the class.
The problem is that when i create a new bpmn2 diagram , those features are in the "New Tab" but also in the already existing "Task" tab. How can i make them appear only in the new tab and not also in the "Task" tab.
Thank you
Re: BPMN2 Create new tab for the Task class [message #1822562 is a reply to message #1822443] Mon, 09 March 2020 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Soika is currently offline Ralph SoikaFriend
Hi,
this sounds strange. Have you already taken a look into this tutorial?
Let me know if this helps you to solve your problem.

===
Ralph
Re: BPMN2 Create new tab for the Task class [message #1822590 is a reply to message #1822562] Tue, 10 March 2020 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ralph,thank you for answering ,
I did read the tutorial and i downloaded the customtask example, in the project "customtask" there was an example about "MyBoundaryEvent" which suited my needs perfectly, so i basically "copied" it but without creating a custom task , by simply extending the task model adding two properties, then i created a class for the the property tab exactly like the "MyBoundaryEventPropertyTab" and like i said , the new properties shows in both the already existing tab and the new tab so i'm probably missing something.
Re: BPMN2 Create new tab for the Task class [message #1822709 is a reply to message #1822590] Wed, 11 March 2020 18:01 Go to previous message
I solved the issue by doing this :

I extended the Task model with the attributes i wanted.

I created a new property tab and replaced the default "Task" property tab with the new property tab.

In the class for the new property tab i did "Override" to the create bindings method and i added

if(property!="anyAttribute"){
  bindProperty(be,property);
}

I created another property tab called AttributesTab and in the java class of the tab i simply added the bindings to the new properties .

If someone has a better solution i will gladly listen. Sorry for any grammar errors.
Previous Topic:BPMN2 Modeler extensions
Next Topic:help with a deadlock
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:31:38 GMT 2024