Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Have to close and open project to keep current (2019_12)(project not updating )
Have to close and open project to keep current (2019_12) [message #1822393] Thu, 05 March 2020 14:51 Go to next message
Helen Keller is currently offline Helen KellerFriend
This is beyond frustrating , this problem has been popping up for years now.
It is intermittent and generally starts after few hours of coding / compiling.
I have "refresh" setup and that is working.
I have optioned to "recompile" after "Run ( configuration ) " is selected.
I can see "Build project ..." then "Launching..."
BUT Eclipse STILL runs the previous complied version of the project
UNTIL
I close and open the project !

I am looking, asking for a solution.

PS Don't tell me to post bug - it won't take "anonymous" and its too detailed for plain user.

Re: Have to close and open project to keep current (2019_12) [message #1822426 is a reply to message #1822393] Thu, 05 March 2020 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Helen, you're tending to leave a LOT of context out of your posts, and they often do read like they should be bug reports. They don't take anonymous because there's an expectation that 1) you actually care to know when it's fixed and 2) if more details are needed, you're at the least willing to provide them to the folks working on fixing the problem.

So:
What kind of project and application is this?
Which version of Eclipse is it?
What exactly does '"refresh" setup' mean in terms of the UI options you're setting or actions you're performing?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Have to close and open project to keep current (2019_12) [message #1822460 is a reply to message #1822426] Sat, 07 March 2020 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sir, with all due respect - you should improve your reading skills.

What kind of project and application is this? Why does that matter ? ( It will fail with plain C++ "hello world")
Which version of Eclipse is it? ?????????????? See title.........
What exactly does '"refresh" setup' mean in terms of the UI options you're setting or actions you're performing?
Perhaps "refresh" option is unknown to you? See "help"...
As I said this has been happening at random for years - and IT SHOULD BE TWO WAY STREET - both me and Eclipse foundation should care.
Guess WHO does not care....
Cheers and have a nice day
Re: Have to close and open project to keep current (2019_12) [message #1822481 is a reply to message #1822460] Sun, 08 March 2020 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It matters which type of application because that will give some clue at to which language you are using and hence how its being built and run. If it's C/C++ then it's better to ask on the CDT forum. It's suggest beefing up the contextual and factual details and toning down the emotional content.

I assume your goal is
a) to get help finding a way to avoid or work around the problem, e.g., perhaps restarting the IDE helps?
b) have someone else be able to reproduce the problem such that it can be fixed.

Both of these goals require the reader to understand exactly what you are doing and even to be able to reproduce what you are doing. People who help are not motivated by bold font nor by prolific use of upper case letters; context and facts are needed.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Have to close and open project to keep current (2019_12) [message #1822484 is a reply to message #1822481] Sun, 08 March 2020 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"toning down the emotional content. "
so I should just let the person who DID NOT READ the post to "pi.." on me ?
CONSIDER THIS MATTER CLOSED
thanks for your help
Re: Have to close and open project to keep current (2019_12) [message #1822487 is a reply to message #1822484] Sun, 08 March 2020 08:02 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Yes, the title made it pretty clear which version you were using. Unfortunately the forum web page is not great and it's easy to overlook the title while reading the content. It seems to me Nitin was trying to help, but made a small oversight. I'm not sure I'd characterize that as "pi.." on someone. Thank you for not using explicit swearing. You seem very sensitive. Perhaps with your innate sensitivity you could reflect for a moment on your own posts. Could you imagine that someone might feel that there is a slight tone of shouting? No one likes to be shouted at, not even idiots who might deserve it. Of course we can all feel your frustration. We are sorry for that and would like to help.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Need GUI API C++ suggestions
Next Topic:Package org is not accessible
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:52:17 GMT 2024