Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Unable to "Open Declaration"
Unable to "Open Declaration" [message #1822368] Thu, 05 March 2020 05:51 Go to next message
Napoleon  BlownApart is currently offline Napoleon BlownApartFriend
[MacOS, Eclipse IDE for Java Developers, Version: 2019-09 R (4.13.0), Build id: 20190917-1200]

I downloaded the AIMA-JAVA repo and imported it into Eclipse.
Whilst I am able to view all the files in the project, I am unable to use the 'Open Definition' function because it always returns an error dialog stating "aima-java project does not exist", which clearly isn't the case as I have it open and I'm able to manually open the file with the function I'm searching for.

In the attached picture, I am trying to find the definition of "AgentProgram" from the "TableDrivenAgentProgram" file. I have the interface reference highlighted in the editor as well as the file where it's defined in the project tree. Yet I get the error in the dialog.

Those who've looked at/used aima-java will know that finding things manually is not reasonable and I need to get 'Open Declaration' working.

After searching google and trying some of the suggestions, I still don't understand what is it I need to do in order to get the indexing working?

What do I need to do to get this working?
Re: Unable to "Open Declaration" [message #1822755 is a reply to message #1822368] Thu, 12 March 2020 22:36 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
The project doesn't seem to be a Java project.
Seeing the structure of src/main/java I assume that this is originally a maven project, where configuration is to be found in pom.xml, whereas no .project is provided. So when importing into Eclipse make sure to use the appropriate wizard, that will create a properly configured Java project.
Previous Topic:Maven/Dynamic Web project breaking when increasing DWM version
Next Topic:There are 3 failures of JMockit JUnit Test after maven update project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:35:17 GMT 2024