Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Diagram Element Selection(Is it possible to select diagram element with partially covering the element?)
Diagram Element Selection [message #1822365] Thu, 05 March 2020 03:51 Go to next message
Akira Tanaka is currently offline Akira TanakaFriend
Dear Sirius experts/users,

This may not be a new question. If so,, please provide me with the pointer to the thread or discussion.

I am wondering if it is possible, using mouse or trackpad, to select the target diagram element shown in case B) in the attachment diagram. I have never wondered about this (I always do A) ), but I got a request to investigate this.

index.php/fa/37510/0/

A) we normally do this to select diagram element(s)
B) a case in question

If B) is implementable, what component should I look into? Is it a component of Sirius or GMF or EMF or GEF or ... ? I would appreciate to learn if there is any example somewhere.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.
Best regards,
Akira
Re: Diagram Element Selection [message #1822436 is a reply to message #1822365] Fri, 06 March 2020 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yann Mortier is currently offline Yann MortierFriend
Hi Akira

I think B is possible when you draw the selection from right to left.

Please see: https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/user/diagrams/Diagrams.html#standardToolId

Quote:

Selection from left to right: all the elements completely contained in the rectangle will get selected
Selection from right to left: all the elements that intersect the rectangle will get selected (except the container under the initial mouse location)

Best regards,
Yann
Re: Diagram Element Selection [message #1822449 is a reply to message #1822436] Fri, 06 March 2020 15:12 Go to previous message
Akira Tanaka is currently offline Akira TanakaFriend
Dear Yann,

I haven't noticed this explanation. "Right to left" mouse movement actually works! Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
Akira
Previous Topic:Variable Filter
Next Topic:Exporting a diagram/node from odesign Sirius file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:38:42 GMT 2024