Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Polarsys » M2Doc » AQL query works on Sirius interpreter, returns error on M2DOC
AQL query works on Sirius interpreter, returns error on M2DOC [message #1822356] Wed, 04 March 2020 20:09 Go to next message
Fábio Guarita is currently offline Fábio GuaritaFriend
The query below:

aql:self.containedPhysicalArchitectures.eAllContents(fa::ComponentExchange)

returns the following items on Sirius interpreter:

index.php/fa/37508/0/

When I use a similar construction on M2Doc the generated doc returns the following error:

Template:

{m:for ce | mySystemEngineering.containedPhysicalArchitectures.eAllContents(fa::ComponentExchange)}
{m:endfor}

Results:
Invalid for statement: Expression "mySystemEngineering.containedPhysicalArchitectures.eAllContents(fa::ComponentExchange)" is invalid: invalid type literal fa::ComponentExchange

How is that possible?

(thanks in advance for any light on this)

Re: AQL query works on Sirius interpreter, returns error on M2DOC [message #1822371 is a reply to message #1822356] Thu, 05 March 2020 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yvan Lussaud is currently offline Yvan LussaudFriend
You need to add the needed metamodels to your template (see the documentation and the nsURI tab). Use the add button and select *capella*.

If you are using the last version of M2Doc extensions for Capella 1.4.0. You can simply select the Capella token on the first tab.
Re: AQL query works on Sirius interpreter, returns error on M2DOC [message #1822386 is a reply to message #1822371] Thu, 05 March 2020 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Yvan! That solved the issue!
Re: AQL query works on Sirius interpreter, returns error on M2DOC [message #1823031 is a reply to message #1822386] Wed, 18 March 2020 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had another example that wasn't fixed by adding the Capella component on the template editor. What could be the problem?

Sirius interpreter:

aql:self.eAllContents(fa::ComponentExchange).source.orientation

List of Orientations of all ports in the ComponentExchanges (IN, OUT and INOUT)

My Template file:

{ m:for ce | self.eAllContents(fa::ComponentExchange) }

Component Exchange: { m:ce.name }

Source: { m:ce.source.eContainer().name }

Target: { m:ce.target.eContainer().name }

Orientation: { m:ce.source.orientation }

{ m:endfor }

Generated docx file:

Orientation: { m:ce.source.orientation } Invalid query statement: Feature orientation not found in EClass InformationsExchanger

When I use the Sirius interpreter in Capella I am able to access the ComponentExchange port and its orientation. In M2DOC it says the 'feature orientation not found in EClass InformationExchanger'. I thought the ce.source (or self.eAllContents(fa::ComponentExchange).source) was of the type ComponentPort (so I could access the 'orientation' feature in it) but M2Doc says it is an EClass InformationExchanger...

What am I missing here?

[Updated on: Wed, 18 March 2020 13:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: AQL query works on Sirius interpreter, returns error on M2DOC [message #1823050 is a reply to message #1823031] Wed, 18 March 2020 20:30 Go to previous message
I found the solution by myself. I'll share here for future reference:

It seems the problem was the type returned by "ce.source" was something more generic than the ComponentPort (which has the orientation feature).

I just added a cast (or typed it) as fa::ComponentPort using "oclAsType()" and then I was able to call the "orientation" feature.

ce.source.oclAsType(fa::ComponentPort).orientation

ce is a variable containing a component exchange: for ce | self.eAllContens(fa::ComponentExchange)

Not sure if that is the real reason but that was how I reasoned about it.

[Updated on: Wed, 18 March 2020 20:33]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Multi-column tables in M2Doc
Next Topic:M2Doc and PVMT extension
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:22:03 GMT 2024