Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Debugger Launch Timeout
Debugger Launch Timeout [message #1822138] Thu, 27 February 2020 20:53 Go to next message
Andy Josephson is currently offline Andy JosephsonFriend
I'm using Eclipse in the form of STM32CubeIDE 1.3.0 (based on Eclipse 9.9.0) on Windows 10. I have the GNU MCU Eclipse plugin installed and I am trying to get JLink Remote Server Debugging setup like this - (LINK REMOVED - can't post yet)

The result is a "Error in services launch sequence" - "Starting J-Link GDB Server timed out"

I can connect to the target using J-Link Commander it just takes quite a while (~50s) , hence the timeout.

What I'm wondering is if there are any settings to increase this timeout value.

The default debug configuration includes the command argument "timeout 0" but this setting applies to JLinkGDBServerCL.exe

I've found settings in Preferences>C/C++>Debug>GDB for Command Timeout (ms) and Remote Timeout (s). However, setting these to arbitrarily high values doesn't help.

Are there any settings anywhere else that might allow for a longer connect timeout?

Thanks,
Andy
Re: Debugger Launch Timeout [message #1843077 is a reply to message #1822138] Wed, 14 July 2021 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tejender Sheoran is currently offline Tejender SheoranFriend
I am also facing this issue. GDB server start takes 30 seconds due to some board power up script. So how to specify GDB start timeout?
Re: Debugger Launch Timeout [message #1843087 is a reply to message #1822138] Thu, 15 July 2021 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tejender Sheoran is currently offline Tejender SheoranFriend
I am also facing similar issue. Is there any way to increase this timeout
Re: Debugger Launch Timeout [message #1848262 is a reply to message #1843077] Fri, 26 November 2021 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
veena rani is currently offline veena raniFriend
Tejender Sheoran wrote on Wed, 14 July 2021 12:57
I am also facing this issue. GDB server start takes 30 seconds due to some board power up script. So how to specify GDB start timeout?

i'M ALSO Facing exact same issue. Have you find any solution?
Re: Debugger Launch Timeout [message #1848309 is a reply to message #1822138] Sat, 27 November 2021 13:55 Go to previous message
veena rani is currently offline veena raniFriend
Andy Josephson wrote on Thu, 27 February 2020 20:53
I'm using Eclipse in the form of STM32CubeIDE 1.3.0 (based on Eclipse 9.9.0) on Windows 10. I have the GNU MCU Eclipse plugin installed and I am trying to get JLink Remote Server Debugging setup like this - (LINK REMOVED - can't post yet) The result is a "Error in services f95zone launch sequence" - "Starting J-Link GDB Server timed out" I can connect to the target using J-Link Commander it just takes quite a while (~50s) , hence uwatchfree the timeout. What I'm wondering is if there are any settings to increase this timeout value. The default debug configuration includes the command movierulz.vpn argument "timeout 0" but this setting applies to JLinkGDBServerCL.exe I've found settings in Preferences>C/C++>Debug>GDB for Command Timeout (ms) and Remote Timeout (s). However, setting these to arbitrarily high values doesn't help.

Are there any settings anywhere else that might allow for a longer connect timeout?

Thanks,
Andy

Any update on this issue?

[Updated on: Sat, 27 November 2021 14:00]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:CDT Build
Next Topic:Unable to set breakpoints without restarting application during debug
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:52:58 GMT 2024