Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Jubula not recognising buttons(Get component not found when screen compacted)
Jubula not recognising buttons [message #1821995] Tue, 25 February 2020 11:40 Go to next message
Mike Bray is currently offline Mike BrayFriend
I have a javafx app that has four screens within one window. The user can move the split to give more space to one screen. In one screen the user can edit a transaction with a 'Save' and a 'Discard' button.

If the screens are set so the transaction screen is small Jubula does not find the 'Save' Button (see screen1.jpg) and I receive a Component Not Found Error.

If the screens are set so the transaction screen is larger Jubula finds the 'Save' button (see screen2.jpg) and the test is successful.

I have also included the details of the technical component (see savebtntechcomponent.jpg) for the button.

Is this expected behaviour or have I made a mistake?

Mike Bray
Re: Jubula not recognising buttons [message #1823606 is a reply to message #1821995] Mon, 30 March 2020 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Hello,
I am really unsure why this is happening sometimes and sometimes not..

Components in Tables are not really supported by default. You can only click them via the normal table action (with the definition where you should click ). Jubula can sadly not guarantee to find the Buttons in Tables or other complex structures.
I see two option for this:
1. Use the table action select entry in component with the specification of the position
2. write an extension to supoort your specific case (this is more work)

best regards
Marvin Mueller
Re: Jubula not recognising buttons [message #1824134 is a reply to message #1823606] Wed, 08 April 2020 12:33 Go to previous message
Mike Bray is currently offline Mike BrayFriend
Thanks Marvin, option 2 is quite an undertaking. I have not successfully written an extension yet. It works if I remember to make the table bigger, so I may just 'make do'.

Mike Bray
Previous Topic:Problem with testing various components
Next Topic:Error starting org.eclipse.jubula.app.autagent.product project from Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:40:14 GMT 2024