Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » How to disable Scroll to Selection in Git Repositories view
How to disable Scroll to Selection in Git Repositories view [message #1821815] Thu, 20 February 2020 13:54 Go to next message
Henning Blohm is currently offline Henning BlohmFriend
This is not strictly a JGit / EGit problem I guess, but it is in the Git Perspective that I noticed it and I hope this forum is nevertheless a suitable place for this.

Lately, as of Eclipse 2019-12, the tree view in the "Git Repositories" has changed its behavior in that it attempts to always scroll the selection to middle whenever the selection is changed. This drives me absolutely crazy as mostly any selection will be moved from under your mouse cursor to some other place and so any following right-click is happening on something unrelated.

After several attempts I am still not able to find a way to disable this behaviour.

Has anybody experienced the same terrible user experience? Have you found a way to disable it?

Thanks,
Henning
Re: How to disable Scroll to Selection in Git Repositories view [message #1821827 is a reply to message #1821815] Thu, 20 February 2020 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Upgrade to EGit 5.6.1, a workaround for this annoying GTK issue is included in this latest release.

You can upgrade from https://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates
Re: How to disable Scroll to Selection in Git Repositories view [message #1821830 is a reply to message #1821827] Thu, 20 February 2020 20:06 Go to previous message
Henning Blohm is currently offline Henning BlohmFriend
Hi Matthias,

works. Thank you so much! Made my week!
Previous Topic:EGit 2.3 + Eclipse 3.7.2 cannot communicate with repository
Next Topic:Using SSL certificates with eGit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 15:31:14 GMT 2024