Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » QVT-Relations » Developing plugins that use qvt-r
Developing plugins that use qvt-r [message #1821742] Wed, 19 February 2020 11:13 Go to next message
pere joseph rodríguez is currently offline pere joseph rodríguezFriend
Good morning,
I'm trying an interesting plug-in in Papyrus incubation called diagramtemplates that generates diagrams automatically from a selection.
I have downloaded and fixed to make it work for eclipse 2019-12 and commit to gerrit https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=560307

In order to provide more functionalities to this plug-in, I would like to make it generate diagrams for the results of a QVT-R.

In order to do this,I was thinking in inject a QVTR editor in the plugin UI (that could show syntax errors and that stuff), and a button to execute, and show the resulting model in another component (ModelViewer, that belongs to Papyrus I think... so will ask in that forum this part)

¿Can any one provide some help about this topic?
I'm very new to eclipse UIs and also the QVTR plugins.

-How to inject a QVTR editor?
-How to configure and execute the QVTR?

Thanks in advance,
Pere
Re: Developing plugins that use qvt-r [message #1821743 is a reply to message #1821742] Wed, 19 February 2020 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

I'm not clear quite what you want, but I'm keen to encourage enthusiastic QVTr users. However I do not have time to mentor casual newbies.

a) maybe you just want Papyrus to launch a QVTr transformation, perhaps a s a quickfix, Ideally Papyrus would have a launch-transformation capability so that it is only necessary to bridge to gap between the Papyrus calling API and the QVTr intetnal API

b) maybe you want to display QVTr (or rather QVTs) diagrams that show the workings of QVTr. This would require you to develop new Papyrus diagrams which I suspect is not as easy as it could be.

c) maybe you want to display the UMLX graphical equivalent of QVTr. This would again require you to develop new Papyrus diagrams. The current UMLX editing support is based on Sirius.

In the medium term, it is intended to provide Sirius-based support for viewing the QVTs diagrams, and potentially using them as beakpoint/sing-step debugging aids.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Developing plugins that use qvt-r [message #1821745 is a reply to message #1821743] Wed, 19 February 2020 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Ed,
just need two thinks:
-Include a QVTR editor. The same as when opening .qvtr files. If is too difficult, just will put a choose qvtr file.

-Launch a QVTR:
I'm checking org.eclipse.qvtd.debug.ui.launching.MainTab, and org.eclipse.qvtd.debug.ui.launching.QvtrMainTab

There is a lot to stuff to do, configure the compile chain, etc...
Is it possible to run the QVTR in a more straightforward way, instead of having to compile and then execute the compiled class?

Thanks in advance,
Pere
Re: Developing plugins that use qvt-r [message #1821761 is a reply to message #1821745] Wed, 19 February 2020 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Nearly all my usage is from the JUnit tests, where a much richer API is available. The launcher UI is fairly minimal. There is a not-yet-fully implemented Auto-Build facility whereby the builder should auto-build by compiling the *.qvtr to the *.class files in advance of execution.

I suggest looking at /org.eclipse.qvtd.xtext.qvtrelation.tests/src/org/eclipse/qvtd/xtext/qvtrelation/tests/QVTrCompilerTests.java to see what can be done. Amongst other things you'll see a bidirectional transformation compiles to a *.class and then launched multiple times in distinct directions.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Developing plugins that use qvt-r [message #1821766 is a reply to message #1821761] Wed, 19 February 2020 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Ed,
this test case is more easier to understand than the MainTab Launcher.

Can I make a last question?
Some time ago you suggested it would be possible to use CGs for qvtos, as a way to avoid useless encryption of qvtos. Do you know if it is already available, and any test case such as the one for qvtrs?

Regards,
Pere
Re: Developing plugins that use qvt-r [message #1821783 is a reply to message #1821766] Thu, 20 February 2020 05:48 Go to previous message
Hi

Providing a faster QVTo is on my todo-list, but not high up on a long list. Rather than supporting CG of the AS, it is more likely that each QVTo semantic construct will be given a declarative specification so that a transformation from qvto to qvts and then on to Java is possible.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Running QVTr transformations
Next Topic:Generate qvtr file programmatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:21:59 GMT 2024