Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Is there a way to register a global service handler without a UIThread?
Is there a way to register a global service handler without a UIThread? [message #1821739] Wed, 19 February 2020 10:30 Go to next message
Michael Fritscher is currently offline Michael FritscherFriend
Is there a way to register a global ServiceHandler without having an UI session yet? This SessionHandler don't need to have any relation to an UI session.
Re: Is there a way to register a global service handler without a UIThread? [message #1821744 is a reply to message #1821739] Wed, 19 February 2020 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Fritscher is currently offline Michael FritscherFriend
Ok, only solution I've found is an extensionpoint "org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.servlets", which I added in my plugin.xml.
Re: Is there a way to register a global service handler without a UIThread? [message #1821756 is a reply to message #1821744] Wed, 19 February 2020 16:06 Go to previous message
Cole Markham is currently offline Cole MarkhamFriend

A ServiceHandler is run in the user session. If you don't need that, then using the servlet registry directly is probably the best solution. I have used both methods in the past.

If you're using the workbench-style application, then you can register service handlers via the extension point (org.eclipse.rap.ui.serviceHandler) in your plugin.xml. If you're using RWT only, then this won't work.

In my current application, I register the service handler in my Application.start method. Of course, this is the entry point to the UISession, so like you said that might not be what you're looking for. Sounds like the servlet registry you found is probably what you want.
Previous Topic:WAR Deployment: How to?
Next Topic:multiple custom themes extending from default theme
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:48:44 GMT 2024