Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » test port for stdio of external tool?
test port for stdio of external tool? [message #1821632] Mon, 17 February 2020 21:40 Go to next message
Harald Welte is currently offline Harald WelteFriend

I was wondering if there is any pre-existing TITAN test port that can be used to interface the stdin/stdout of an external process.

The idea would be that you can use one of the many existing standard Unix-style tools which accept (line based, text) input on stdin and produce (line based, text) output on stdout.

Sure, I know it's possible to write such a test port by using the existing TITAN API for test ports (like I wrote the USB TestPort some time ago), but I'm wondering if nobody else has implemented such a seemingly generic test port yet.

Thanks,
Harald
Re: test port for stdio of external tool? [message #1821650 is a reply to message #1821632] Tue, 18 February 2020 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gábor Szalai is currently offline Gábor SzalaiFriend
Hi,

See the PIPE test port:
https://github.com/eclipse/titan.TestPorts.PIPEasp.git

Br
Gábor
Re: test port for stdio of external tool? [message #1821661 is a reply to message #1821650] Tue, 18 February 2020 10:27 Go to previous message
Harald Welte is currently offline Harald WelteFriend

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

After preliminary review of the included documentation it is eactly what I'm looking for.
Previous Topic:problems contributing to DIAMETER_ProtcolModule_Generator / gerrit out of sync?
Next Topic:Trouble getting SCTP to work with IPL4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:45:46 GMT 2024