Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Programmatically set target platform to manage external libraries
Programmatically set target platform to manage external libraries [message #1821497] Thu, 13 February 2020 15:44 Go to next message
Niels Heltner is currently offline Niels HeltnerFriend
Hello,

I have added a p2 repository in my Xtext project's ".target" project to be able to use an external library. However, for Eclipse to resolve this dependency I have to change the target platform manually in "Window" -> "Preferences" -> "Plug-in Development" -> "Target Platform" from "Running Platform" (which just points at my eclipse installation folder) to the ".target" project of my Xtext project. Is there a way to programmatically get Eclipse to recognize the ".target" project as the default target platform?

(if this is not possible, is there another way to depend on external libraries with a Tycho/Maven build?)

[Updated on: Thu, 13 February 2020 16:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Programmatically set target platform to manage external libraries [message #1821569 is a reply to message #1821497] Sat, 15 February 2020 07:46 Go to previous message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
you may have a look at oomph
it allows you to create targets in oomph and derive the target file from that. oomph automatically sets the target platform then (based on the definition in oomph)
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Oomph_Authoring#Generating_PDE_Target_Definition_files_.28.2A.target.29_and_their_use_by_Tycho

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Previous Topic:Deriving model from binary class files
Next Topic:Deriving model from binary class files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:31:22 GMT 2024