Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Polarsys » Requirements Addon » Importing requirements issue
Importing requirements issue [message #1821483] Thu, 13 February 2020 14:54 Go to next message
Avi Shaked is currently offline Avi ShakedFriend
Hi,

I can use some help understanding why I am unable to properly import reqif files (created with ReqIF Studio).

Two examples are attached here (reqif + rmf files).

The first - spec.reqif - has five requirements (in two hierarchies). It was done with basic attributes.
The second - spec1.reqif - has two requirements, done with additional ReqIF10 attributes.

The Requirements Addon is able to import the spec.reqif requirements, but does not recognize the actual content of the requirements. (In the expert properties of the respective modeling element in Capella I can see that the "Requirement Type Proxy" has the original identifier of the spec object in ReqIF studio, if this helps).

As for the second file - spec1.reqif - the Requirements Addon is not able to import it. After selecting the file for import I get a message stating two problems occurred:
Load ReqIF resource (An internal error occurred during: "Load ReqIF resource".
java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.math.BigInteger)
&
Merge of ReqIF elements (An internal error has occurred. java.lang.NullPointerException)

Any advice? Thank in advance for trying...

Avi
  • Attachment: Spec.reqif
    (Size: 7.56KB, Downloaded 153 times)
  • Attachment: Spec1.reqif
    (Size: 8.92KB, Downloaded 120 times)
  • Attachment: Spec.rmf
    (Size: 0.60KB, Downloaded 116 times)
  • Attachment: Spec1.rmf
    (Size: 1.41KB, Downloaded 89 times)
Re: Importing requirements issue [message #1821741 is a reply to message #1821483] Wed, 19 February 2020 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Navas Juan is currently offline Navas JuanFriend
Hello,

There is a post in the old forum about ReqIf import: https://polarsys.org/forums/index.php/t/782/. You will find there a sample file that you may want to compare with yours and check the differences.

The ReqIF importer works well with DOORS-generated files, but I'm not able to say if it will work with ReqIF Studio.

Hope it helps.
Re: Importing requirements issue [message #1821928 is a reply to message #1821741] Sun, 23 February 2020 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you.
I suspected that there is some DOORS-specific implementation.
The main point of ReqIF is to allow compatibility between tools.

I wonder if anyone else can report using a non-DOORS ReqIF file with the Capella Requirements Addon. I tried to find another open-source implementation but could not find one. Does anyone use Codebeamer and can try the Requirements Addon with a Codebeamer reqif file?

Thanks!

Re: Importing requirements issue [message #1821941 is a reply to message #1821928] Mon, 24 February 2020 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The ReqIF importer has been already used with ReqIF files exported from other requirements management tools.

In some cases, these tools generates ReqIF files with specific features. So the issue may not come from a Doors-specific implementation of the ReqIF importer, but may also come from a ReqIF Studio specific of the ReqIF exporter ;-)

I suggest you to compare your file to the file in the old forum post I mentioned in the previous post. You may find some differences that could be the cause of your issue.
Re: Importing requirements issue [message #1821961 is a reply to message #1821941] Mon, 24 February 2020 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had every intention of following your tip Navas, Thank you!
Re: Importing requirements issue [message #1822560 is a reply to message #1821961] Mon, 09 March 2020 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brandon BlauFriend
I think I am running into a similar issue as the OP except my primary issue, getting the following error:

"An internal error occurred during: "Load ReqIF resource".
org.eclipse.rmf.reqif10.impl.AttributeDefinitionBooleanImpl cannot be cast to org.eclipse.rmf.reqif10.AttributeDefinitionString"

If I check the "Force DOORS RMF usage check while importing requirements" preference, I end up with no imported requirements at all.

I am generating my ReqIF from DOORS NG, with artifacts in Modules similar to the linked thread... I wonder if the custom artifact functionality in DOORS NG/ReqIF Studio (at least that are different from Rationale DOORS) are the source of this problem...
Re: Importing requirements issue [message #1822638 is a reply to message #1822560] Tue, 10 March 2020 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brandon BlauFriend
Solved my problem above through some painstaking isolation.

I was having mixed results as I attempted to import different sets of requirements (segment sections of the whole). What it came down to is this:

In DOORS NG I have a field listed as a boolean (TRUE/FALSE) to denote specific applicability. Isolating down to importing a single requirement that worked versus a single requirement that did not work and then inspecting the fields of the ReqIF, it looks like if that field was not filled in in DOORS NG it defaults to "false" (string). The problem is, further up in the ReqIF, it defines that field as being a Boolean.

Adjusted the field appropriately in DOORS and that particular issue above is solved.

QED

:)
Re: Importing requirements issue [message #1822661 is a reply to message #1822638] Wed, 11 March 2020 04:47 Go to previous message
Thanks for sharing your solution!
Previous Topic:How does it work
Next Topic:Requirement internal relation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 13:12:14 GMT 2024