Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Filtering according to Etype when using Reference relation
Filtering according to Etype when using Reference relation [message #1821443] Thu, 13 February 2020 07:36 Go to next message
Avi Shaked is currently offline Avi ShakedFriend
Hi,

I have noticed that when I use "Reference" relation in my metamodel (ECORE) between one element and another, the selection of possible elements in the actual model is not filtered according to the "EType" field.
However, when I use "B-directional Reference" in my metamodel, the selection of possible element IS filtered according to the "EType" field. This is a user-friendly feature.

Can the filtering be applied to the "Reference" relation as well? If there's a way to activate it, I would love to know. Otherwise, it would be nice if this will be implemented in a future version.

Thank you,
Avi
Re: Filtering according to Etype when using Reference relation [message #1821552 is a reply to message #1821443] Fri, 14 February 2020 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

Can you provide a screenshot because I do not understand what you mean or where your are looking for actual model and filtering.

Best regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Filtering according to Etype when using Reference relation [message #1821581 is a reply to message #1821552] Sun, 16 February 2020 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Steve,

First, it seems that my initial explanation was wrong: the difference seems to be the selection of item for a reference with no multiplicity (only one element allowed), which has no filtering according to type, and between selection of items for a reference with multiplicity, which automatically filters only appropriate elements (based on type).

I'm attaching two screenshots.
In noFiltering.png you can see the "Select" dialog which appears when I pressed the "..." button at the bottom of the screen (trying to select an existing Threatallocation relation). You can see that I am asked to "Please select a valid 'ThreatAllocationRelation'", and if I expand the model in the dialog, I get all entities (not just those of "ThreatAllocationRelation" type).

In filteringWorks.png you can the dialog which appears when I pressed the "..." button at the bottom of the screen (trying to select an existing Threatallocation relation). The choices are automatically filtered according to the type of the reference.
It will be nice to have the same/similar filtered screen (of filteringWorks.png) instead of the general "select" screen (of noFiltering.png).

Thank you,
Avi

Re: Filtering according to Etype when using Reference relation [message #1821677 is a reply to message #1821581] Tue, 18 February 2020 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

Ok I see what you mean now, unfortunately we have not scheduled to work on this evolution for the moment. Note that if you want you can implement your own custom widget if you want to modify the selection dialogs [1].

Best regards,
Steve
[1] https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/developer/extensions-properties_provide_custom_widget.html

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Filtering according to Etype when using Reference relation [message #1821785 is a reply to message #1821677] Thu, 20 February 2020 06:43 Go to previous message
Thank you Steve!
Previous Topic:[IMPORTANT] The diagram is not saving
Next Topic:How to create a new diagram editor?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:17:27 GMT 2024