Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Stopping and starting FB applications under FORTE(Using monitor commands in fault diagnostics)
Stopping and starting FB applications under FORTE [message #1821363] Tue, 11 February 2020 22:27 Go to next message
Barry Dowdeswell is currently offline Barry DowdeswellFriend
Hi Alois and the 4diac team,

I am currently building custom fault diagnostic Service Interface Function Blocks (SIFBs) as part of my research. That's all working fine - I love 4diac and FORTE as a development and research environment.

The re-wiring code I have built allows me to deploy a custom forte.boot file from an existing 4diac 61499 application definition. That boot file automatically deploys my diagnostic harness and I can execute systematic diagnostic tests on sets of function blocks.

What I would like to do now is dynamically stop an application running under FORTE using monitor commands. I would do that when I determine that an application is "failing" one of my test scenarios. Then, after re-wiring it, I would like to re-start the application. My fault diagnostic engine usually sits in a fault monitoring mode until it detects misbehavior by the FB app.

Are there Stop and Start commands like the Monitor commands described in the Documentation section https://www.eclipse.org/4diac/en_help.php?helppage=html/development/forte_monitoring.html ?

if not, does anyone have suggestions of what direction I should go in? Is anyone else working on dynamic re-wiring of 4diac apps?

I have looked at Linux commands for program stops and restarts and that is one option, but I am interested in how I can talk directly to FORTE using monitor commands if possible.

Regards,
Barry
Re: Stopping and starting FB applications under FORTE [message #1821365 is a reply to message #1821363] Tue, 11 February 2020 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi Barry,

this is exactly what I did in my PhD thesis. There I developed reconfiguration function blocks which you can use to change your running application. If you have access to my real-time IEC 61499 execution book have a look in chapter 5. In 4diac IDE there is a rt reconfiuratino FB lib. These are the FBs we currently support. I hope this helps.

Alois
Re: Stopping and starting FB applications under FORTE [message #1821366 is a reply to message #1821365] Wed, 12 February 2020 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barry Dowdeswell is currently offline Barry DowdeswellFriend
Thank you Alois,

I will take a look at those resources. This is a fascinating area of study.
Regards,
Barry
Re: Stopping and starting FB applications under FORTE [message #1821384 is a reply to message #1821366] Wed, 12 February 2020 09:16 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

You are welcome. I'm happy if my PhD thesis results can be of use for more use cases.
Previous Topic:4Diac-Arrowhead framework
Next Topic:Convert decimal to binary format with ST
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:01:37 GMT 2024