Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Polarsys » Capella Studio » Create Addon Tutorial Difficulties
Create Addon Tutorial Difficulties [message #1821113] Wed, 05 February 2020 20:39 Go to next message
Brandon BlauFriend
When trying to follow the Create Addons tutorial (https://github.com/eclipse/capella/wiki/Create-Addons), the building of the add-on is straight forward (enough) through the Extension Points; when it comes to implementing the Command Handler, it is either so vague as to make it easy to mess up (which I may have done) or it is broken. When implementing the two classes in CommandHandler.java and Command1Hanlder.java files respectively there are a number of errors inherently.

In the CommandHandler class:
1. org.eclipse.core.expressions.IEvaluationContext so shouldnt need to be imported

In the Command1Handler class:
1. The overridden createCommand method extended from CommandHandler doesnt implement the same inputs, and as written is also not abstract as in CommandHandler.
2. ICommand, IProgressMonitor, AbstractReadWriteCommand, EObject, and more are undefined

^ It seems that the way I did it just didnt grab the necessary resources for the above definitions which could be my bad, however, I would recommend more clarity on the second half of the tutorial to at least make the quality of the first half.
Re: Create Addon Tutorial Difficulties [message #1821243 is a reply to message #1821113] Fri, 07 February 2020 21:41 Go to previous message
Philippe Dul is currently offline Philippe DulFriend
Hi,

Indeed, Tutorials have been updated accordingly

What was misleading:
- In the plugin.xml menu section, there was an icon that doesn't exist yet, that was preventing the menu to appears
- In the CommandHandler, there was some useless imports that was raising errors
- In the Command1Handler, there was no imports at the top of the file
- The Command1Handler shall be referenced into the 'handler' section of your command in the plugin.xml.

Thanks
Regards
Philippe.

[Updated on: Sat, 08 February 2020 08:49]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Functional exchange enrichement
Next Topic:I can't find TransactionHelper in the correponding capella plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:19:17 GMT 2024