Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Can't install plugins from the Marketplace(Issues wiht eclipse files )
Can't install plugins from the Marketplace [message #1820976] Mon, 03 February 2020 18:19 Go to next message
Théo MARTY is currently offline Théo MARTYFriend
I have issues for installing new plugins. I believe I know why but I don't know what to do.

My OS is windows 10. Some years ago, I changed the path of my user folder (Marty Théo to Marty, so the space and é won't messetup some software). But windows does not have a good way to do this, so I did it the hard way. And some path used by other software became wrong (Eclipse stopped working).

I tryed to find, in eclipse's folder, what paths I had to changed by hand. But I probably did not find them all. Eclipse works but the market do not.

I tried to unistall and reinstall eclipse but it still do not work.

Do you have any ideas to solve my problem ?

Re: Can't install plugins from the Marketplace [message #1820985 is a reply to message #1820976] Tue, 04 February 2020 05:34 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Many Eclipse plugins store information in <home>/.eclipse and that information make have become invalid. Also, if you installed with the installer, there is a <home>/.p2 folder that will definitely will become unusable.

But if Eclipse is working then all seems pretty much okay. What exactly are the problems with using Markplace? I.e., what errors do you see? Is something logged in the Error Log view (or in the <workspace>/.metadata/.log with clues that you can share?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Trouble with Arduino Plugin
Next Topic:Error fixing window (light bulb with a red x to the left of the editor) is extremely slow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:34:21 GMT 2024