Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Community Forums
Eclipse Community Forums [message #1820928] Sat, 01 February 2020 08:47 Go to next message
thuy hoang is currently offline thuy hoangFriend
hi,

i'm having many problems with eclipse luna and i just can't find any explanation for that. i've already researched a lot with no success. i've even posted threads here with no response at all. currently i have 3 inconvenient issues on eclipse that i'd like to see solved:

1) eclipse crashes many times during start up. then, after many attempts, it opens. this issue started on day one after i moved from eclipse helios to luna. i had never had this problem with helios before. i've attached a log file in case someone can help. there are several error messages in the log and i can't say which one is the cause of the problem. i work in a team and i'm the only one having this problem. it seems it is a computer related issue because eclipse settings and plug-ins are the same on every computer in my team.

2) control+o will not work on a javascript source code. when i press control+o, eclipse shows me the list of methods and variables in the js source file, as expected. however, when i click on a method name in the list, eclipse won't jump me to the method declaration, but to the 1st occurrence of that method in the source code. that is, control+o, in javascript, is working like a control+f. how to make control+o bring me to the method declaration, just like it does on a java source file?

3) on the 'pending changes' view i used to see the name of all source files changed and available for checkin under the 'unresolved' folder. i mean, before the issue started, right after changing a source code i could instantly see the source file name in the 'pending changes-unresolved' list, available for checkin. for some mysterious reason it stopped working this way out of nowhere. now i have to press the ''refresh changes'' button in the sandbox in order to see the changes to checkin. how to make things work as desired, please?

i've been working in IT for decades, but only for 2 years with eclipse and web technologies in general and i have to say that i have never seen such a problematic and faulty product like eclipse before.

thanks in advance for any help.
Re: Eclipse Community Forums [message #1820933 is a reply to message #1820928] Sat, 01 February 2020 10:45 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I see no attachments. Also, these versions of Eclipse are very old and are long unsupported. Are you using CVS? Is there some reason not to use the latest Eclipse release?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Upgrade to 2019-12 and lost the launcher
Next Topic:Unable to install/Startup Eclipse on bootcamp Win 10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:37:01 GMT 2024