Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » "The chosen operation is not enabled" (Designer> Generate Code )
"The chosen operation is not enabled" [message #1820770] Tue, 28 January 2020 14:18 Go to next message
Mary Looney is currently offline Mary LooneyFriend
I have installed the Papyrus Designer. I have created a class diagram. But when I right click and choose Designer> Generate Code I get an error message "The chosen operation is not enabled".

I have worked with the Designer previously and been able to Generate Code. Any ideas?
Re: "The chosen operation is not enabled" [message #1822711 is a reply to message #1820770] Wed, 11 March 2020 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sander Fieten is currently offline Sander FietenFriend
Hi,

I did ran into the same issue. I tried a lot of things to get this back working, including reinstalling Eclipse, the Papyrus main and Designer plugins. But nothing seemed to help, although I could generate code for a new project.
Finally I found out that I could resolve the issue by removing spaces from the Eclipse project name.
Maybe this helps to resolve your problem too.
Regards,
Sander
Re: "The chosen operation is not enabled" [message #1822748 is a reply to message #1822711] Thu, 12 March 2020 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dila Eclipse is currently offline Dila EclipseFriend
It sounds like the code generation plugin is missing. You can install it using the Help->Install new software... menu option.

There are several code generators. I personally use Papyrus to generate C++ code, but perhaps you want the Java generator.
Re: "The chosen operation is not enabled" [message #1823555 is a reply to message #1822748] Sat, 28 March 2020 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Hi,

I can confirm that the handler code fails in case of spaces in the project name. The code checks whether the project hosting the model exists. This fails, if the obtained project name contains spaces, as they are encoded as %20. Please post a bug.

Best regards
Re: "The chosen operation is not enabled" [message #1824064 is a reply to message #1823555] Tue, 07 April 2020 10:58 Go to previous message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
I've corrected this problem in the context of CDT editor improvements. It should be fixed by using a nightly build now, see update site: https://hudson.eclipse.org/papyrus/job/papyrus-designer-2019-06/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/releng/org.eclipse.papyrus.designer.p2/target/repository/
Previous Topic:[SysML] SI Units Library & Import
Next Topic:Problem in graphics
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:09:29 GMT 2024