Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Setting up new developer environment - 14k+ errors?(Is the default Oomph environment meant to work?)
Setting up new developer environment - 14k+ errors? [message #1819616] Sat, 18 January 2020 14:46 Go to next message
D Southwick is currently offline D SouthwickFriend
Hello,

Beginner here - I'd like to try and follow your Hello World example, however using the most recent version of eclipse Oomph setup yields 14,790 errors on the default view, before clicking anything.

I attempted the very first step for the Hello World tutorial, but it seems the Automated dependency management / MANIFEST.MF is restricted to ONLY org.eclipse.kura.* plugins in your default Oomph profile.

Is this a problem with recent eclipse? is the tutorial simply way out of date?

What's the easiest way to resolve this? use eclipse from 2017?

As is pretty obvious, I'm not a java expert, so this seems like a pretty big hurdle to debug just to get the basic tutorial tools to start the tutorial. Help ?

Re: Setting up new developer environment - 14k+ errors? [message #1819628 is a reply to message #1819616] Sun, 19 January 2020 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Sorry, I'm not sure exactly what you tried and did. The installer's simple mode only creates an installation, not a workspace. Perhaps you switched to advanced model and used one of the various project setups as well, but those are not for "Hello World" examples; those are setups of various Eclipse projects that will be entirely focused on developing the source code for those projects. If you want to start working on Java as a beginner, install just the Eclipse IDE for Java Developers, start with an empty workspace, and Google for a good introductory for Eclipse Java tutorial.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Setting up new developer environment - 14k+ errors? [message #1819631 is a reply to message #1819628] Sun, 19 January 2020 10:20 Go to previous message
D Southwick is currently offline D SouthwickFriend
gah - sorry this is meant for eclipse Kura - I realised after I clicked submit that I cannot edit until it came out of moderation. :(
Previous Topic:How are licenses enforced on products built on eclipse
Next Topic:Eclipse IDE for C++ - Silent / Unattended install
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:27:25 GMT 2024