Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » problems contributing to DIAMETER_ProtcolModule_Generator / gerrit out of sync?
problems contributing to DIAMETER_ProtcolModule_Generator / gerrit out of sync? [message #1819257] Fri, 10 January 2020 15:01 Go to next message
Harald Welte is currently offline Harald WelteFriend

Hi!

I have a fix for the titan.ProtocolModules.DIAMETER_ProtocolModule_Generator documentation. However, when trying to push it to ssh://review.gerrithub.io:29418/eclipse/titan.ProtocolModules.DIAMETER_ProtocolModule_Generator, gerrithub refuses as follows:
> git push gerrit HEAD:refs/for/master                                                         285/130/0
Enumerating objects: 275, done.
Counting objects: 100% (275/275), done.
Delta compression using up to 4 threads
Compressing objects: 100% (18/18), done.
Writing objects: 100% (153/153), 203.77 KiB | 22.64 MiB/s, done.
Total 153 (delta 136), reused 145 (delta 134)
remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (136/136)
remote: Processing changes: refs: 1, done    
remote: ERROR: commit 9f33566: email address elemer.lelik@ericsson.com is not registered in your account, and you lack 'forge committer' permission.
remote: The following addresses are currently registered:
remote:    laforge@gnumonks.org
remote: To register an email address, visit:
remote: https://review.gerrithub.io/settings#EmailAddresses
remote: 
remote: 
To ssh://review.gerrithub.io:29418/eclipse/titan.ProtocolModules.DIAMETER_ProtocolModule_Generator
 ! [remote rejected] HEAD -> refs/for/master (commit 9f33566: invalid committer)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://laf0rge@review.gerrithub.io:29418/eclipse/titan.ProtocolModules.DIAMETER_ProtocolModule_Generator'

I don't intend to "spoof" any author e-mail addresses, but the problem here is that the gerrit repository seems to lag behind the github repository:
* gerrit is at ead78c874cfc10e2836f669e90e989df0c2de3cd (Aguust 13, 2018)
* github is two commits further at ffd939595a08da1b8c8176aaa1f8578bfe02a912 (April 2019)

So when I push to gerrit, git wants to push the two missing commits *and* my commit to gerrit, which fails.

Can somebody please make sure that those repositories are automatically in sync to enable the push of patches to gerrit? Thanks!
Re: problems contributing to DIAMETER_ProtcolModule_Generator / gerrit out of sync? [message #1819258 is a reply to message #1819257] Fri, 10 January 2020 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

meanwhile I'm attaching a 'git format-patch' here as gerrit isn't working.
Re: problems contributing to DIAMETER_ProtcolModule_Generator / gerrit out of sync? [message #1819294 is a reply to message #1819258] Sun, 12 January 2020 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kristof Szabados is currently offline Kristof SzabadosFriend
Hi Harald,

Now the gerrit repository should be in sych.
Please try to make your commit again.

We will also see if we can make some automated solution for this ... but that might take some time.

Kristof
Re: problems contributing to DIAMETER_ProtcolModule_Generator / gerrit out of sync? [message #1819303 is a reply to message #1819294] Sun, 12 January 2020 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Kristof Szabados wrote on Sun, 12 January 2020 11:53
Hi Harald,

Now the gerrit repository should be in sych.
Please try to make your commit again.

Thanks, it has worked: https://review.gerrithub.io/c/eclipse/titan.ProtocolModules.DIAMETER_ProtocolModule_Generator/+/481377

Quote:

We will also see if we can make some automated solution for this ... but that might take some time.

Is there something I can help with? In our installations, we typically use the gerrit server as master and then use the gerrit replication plugin to make it automatically replicate to other sites: https://gerrit.googlesource.com/plugins/replication/+doc/master/src/main/resources/Documentation/config.md

I don't think it can do inbound replication, though. But in the end, it shouldn't require more than a cron job that runs on a git repo with two remotes, and then pulls from one repo and pushes to another., something like:
git clone --mirror git@example.com/upstream-repository.git
cd upstream-repository.git
git push --mirror git@mirror-example.com/new-location.git

The only tricky part is that you'd of course have to have permission to do so, i.e. the user account of the cron job would need a SSH key that's authorized to do the push --mirror to the destination, ideally without passphrase.
Re: problems contributing to DIAMETER_ProtcolModule_Generator / gerrit out of sync? [message #1819681 is a reply to message #1819303] Tue, 21 January 2020 09:38 Go to previous message
Jeno Attila Balasko is currently offline Jeno Attila BalaskoFriend

Hi Harald,
I almost finished a short perl script which solves the synchronization problem in github->gerrithub direction.
I will notify you if I'm ready with this task.
Jeno
Previous Topic:OpenAPI TTCN code generation?
Next Topic:test port for stdio of external tool?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:23:04 GMT 2024