Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Polarsys » Capella workbench » XHTML Documentation Generation issue(EGF invocatuin exception)
XHTML Documentation Generation issue [message #1819070] Tue, 07 January 2020 09:00 Go to next message
PIER GIORGIO ESPOSITO is currently offline PIER GIORGIO ESPOSITOFriend
Happy new year to Capella users!

I tried to switch from Capella 1.3.1 to Capella 1.4.0 and I installed the workbench together with Requirements, Price, Mass, Perfo VPs and Transition, XHTML, and Filtering extensions.

After the model upgrade everything seems fine with editing operations, but I got an error while generating XHTML documentation.

I am attaching the log file.

Thank you for your support.
  • Attachment: Errorlog.txt
    (Size: 5.32KB, Downloaded 89 times)
Re: XHTML Documentation Generation issue [message #1819239 is a reply to message #1819070] Fri, 10 January 2020 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arnaud Dieumegard is currently offline Arnaud DieumegardFriend
Hi, and happy new year to you too !

From what I see in your log file it seems that you have an outgoing allocation link from a requirement to a null object. Would it be possible that your model contains such a dangling reference ? Deactivate the "Requirements VP Relations" filter in the Project Explorer and look for relations like the one highlighted in the attached screenshot.

Regards,
Arnaud
Re: XHTML Documentation Generation issue [message #1819662 is a reply to message #1819239] Mon, 20 January 2020 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jean Albrieux is currently offline Jean AlbrieuxFriend
Hello,

I had the same issue some days ago. It was some requirements links that hadn't got any targets. I deleted all of them and the exports worked fine! I have not understood yet why I had links with empty targets...

Best, regards!

Jean
Re: XHTML Documentation Generation issue [message #1829391 is a reply to message #1819662] Thu, 02 July 2020 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thierry Poupon is currently offline Thierry PouponFriend
I have an issue generating html documentation: the routine does not complete in 1.3.0 version (I kept models there to continue to use the eclipse clipboard), even after solving all conflicts seen by validation tool, except realization issues (So far only OA is populated). Then I tried to migrate, (revalidate and solve) The export tool completed its routine but no picture is available in the documentation. At the moment, I don't use requirement objects, but I still use activities; entities, exchange items and elements, types of all kinds; property values and groups... My diagrams are OAIB; OAB; OAS; OES; MSM; OCB..;
I cannot share any file for confidentiality issue, but if someone has an idea...Thanks

Edit: Capella 1.4.0 does not produce any picture export at all, even using the camera tool from the workbench. I tried jpg and png.
Removing all descriptions does not help (I had issues to solve there about ";" missing at the end...)

[Updated on: Fri, 03 July 2020 08:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: XHTML Documentation Generation issue [message #1830979 is a reply to message #1829391] Fri, 07 August 2020 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alessandro Pacaccio is currently offline Alessandro PacaccioFriend
Hi,
I have the same problem reported by Pier Giorgio. The generation of the XHTML documentation stops and an error is returned (see the attached log).
I followed Arnaud's suggestion and now all of my requirements are linked to exisisting objects.
However the problem persists.

I noticed that there are two validation rules related to requirements (i.e. REQ_Relation_01 - Null relation type check and REQ_Relation_02 - Unique relation type check).
I guessed that they could help finding bad relations but when I check the model validation I get no errors related to such validation rules.

Do you have any ideas?
Thank you for your support.
Re: XHTML Documentation Generation issue [message #1832110 is a reply to message #1830979] Wed, 09 September 2020 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thierry Poupon is currently offline Thierry PouponFriend
Hi
The point was solve by migrating to 1.4.1. I suppose Java was in advance compared to Capella (1.3.0) and happened to be only partially compatible.
Thanks all
Thierry
Re: XHTML Documentation Generation issue [message #1860437 is a reply to message #1819070] Fri, 04 August 2023 20:14 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
AI Spam removed

[Updated on: Wed, 04 October 2023 13:19] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:FMECA
Next Topic:OAB - Functionnal exchange in black color for no obvious reason
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:03:04 GMT 2024