Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Problem GlassFish and Java Web Start(Resource Not Found grizzly-npn-bootstrap.jar)
Problem GlassFish and Java Web Start [message #1819063] Tue, 07 January 2020 04:45 Go to next message
CLOS jerome is currently offline CLOS jeromeFriend
Hello,

I'm a French developer and, as my English is not very good, I'm using an automatic translator to write this message. By need and curiosity, I want to make a J2EE8 application using the GlassFish 5.1 application server. This is my first J2EE application.

To summarise, the problem I encounter is the execution of my client application via Java Web Start. On the client workstation, the application seems to download correctly, but when I run it I have the following exception in Java Web Start :

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Impossible de charger la ressource : http://jerome:8080/___JWSappclient/___system/s1as/glassfish/modules/endorsed/grizzly-npn-bootstrap.jar
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.downloadResource(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.getResource(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.getResource(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload$DownloadTask.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

On the server side, I have several identical exceptions of the following type:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.ContainerMapper.service(ContainerMapper.java:149)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.http.server.HttpHandler.runService(HttpHandler.java:182)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.http.server.HttpHandler.doHandle(HttpHandler.java:156)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.http.server.HttpServerFilter.handleRead(HttpServerFilter.java:218)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.filterchain.ExecutorResolver$9.execute(ExecutorResolver.java:95)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.filterchain.DefaultFilterChain.executeFilter(DefaultFilterChain.java:260)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.filterchain.DefaultFilterChain.executeChainPart(DefaultFilterChain.java:177)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.filterchain.DefaultFilterChain.execute(DefaultFilterChain.java:109)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.filterchain.DefaultFilterChain.process(DefaultFilterChain.java:88)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.ProcessorExecutor.execute(ProcessorExecutor.java:53)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.nio.transport.TCPNIOTransport.fireIOEvent(TCPNIOTransport.java:515)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.strategies.AbstractIOStrategy.fireIOEvent(AbstractIOStrategy.java:89)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.strategies.WorkerThreadIOStrategy.run0(WorkerThreadIOStrategy.java:94)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.strategies.WorkerThreadIOStrategy.access$100(WorkerThreadIOStrategy.java:33)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.strategies.WorkerThreadIOStrategy$WorkerThreadRunnable.run(WorkerThreadIOStrategy.java:114)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.threadpool.AbstractThreadPool$Worker.doWork(AbstractThreadPool.java:569)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.threadpool.AbstractThreadPool$Worker.run(AbstractThreadPool.java:549)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

My development environment is as follows:
Windows version 10 professional 64 bits
GlassFish 5.1
Eclipse 2019 12
JDK1.8.0_191 or JDK1.8.0_231 => I tried both versions of JDK.
GlassFish Tools Plugin 1.0 or 1.01 => I tried both versions.

History :
At the beginning, I tried to create the JNLP file myself, but I didn't know where to put it on the server side. I later found out that GlassFish would generate a JNLP file and sign the jar files as well.My client project is a swing project. My client project is a swing project. My client project is a client project, but I couldn't resolve the error so I went back to a new server with a new EAP project. Within this project I created only one client project, and this client project has only one Main class with a Main function that does nothing. With this minimalist project, the error is exactly the same as with my original project which was more important (swing client plus EJB project).

I searched the Internet for several days, but I couldn't find a solution. I hope that someone will be able to help me to solve this problem, because I can't run a client application on remote computers via Java Web Start. I thank in advance of the person(s) who will be able to help me.

Yours sincerely,

Re: Problem GlassFish and Java Web Start [message #1819097 is a reply to message #1819063] Tue, 07 January 2020 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

I'd suggest trying the GlassFish or GlassFish Tools forums, but they don't appear to be that active. Does the application load and function correctly before you involve Java Web Start and JNLP?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Tue, 07 January 2020 21:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem GlassFish and Java Web Start [message #1819103 is a reply to message #1819063] Wed, 08 January 2020 02:02 Go to previous message
CLOS jerome is currently offline CLOS jeromeFriend
I didn't try to deploy a jar of the client application on a remote computer to see if the application launches correctly, but executing it inside eclipse, using the execute command, doesn't pose any problem.
The last client application I tried to deploy using Java Web Start contains only one Main class with an empty Main function.

I provide a number of files as attachments to this message.
client-jnlp-config.properties
Client.html
File.jnlp
Server.log

The presence or not of the client-jnlp-config.properties file does not change anything. Do you know which eclipse plug-in is responsible for the automatic generation of the JNLP file and the signature of the client jar?

I would like to thank you for taking the time to answer me.
With kind regards,
Previous Topic:Eclipse Contributor Agreement?
Next Topic:"Start the installer" : Debian Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:02:23 GMT 2024